Leeds MRS Second open day...Sunday 16th June

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

After being in our present Club rooms for a few years - we are on the move as of 12th January.

The space available to us is larger than our current club rooms and is in a Grade 1 listed building! (with no heating) This does have its problems as we have to sign in and out of the building via the security gate.

If any one wants to visit please PM me but I would suggest that you wait until mid Feb to give us time to get the place sorted and layouts up.

As it is we are already looking at how we :

1 extend Regis Bay O gauge
2 complete our two new 00 layouts - Chapel en le Frith (coming along see separate thread) and Bournemouth West
3 complete our "learner/junior" layout
4 Start a new 3mm layout - done!

and that's in between all of the other bits and bobs in N gauge

We expect to be holding an Open Day at some point this year - more news later.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Our first visit from Charlie Petty (dc kits and d&e videos) this week who stumbled across someone who could get him into the Building thus avoiding the security men ringing the Police.

We will be having an open day at some point once we have got the electrics sorted and the floor cleaned.

Will keep you posted

• RMweb Premium

Im interested in joining and sent an email about 2 months ago but got no reply. How do I go about joining?

Gary

Gary

apologies I will send you a pm on where and how to get into the new clubroom

I'd like to come down at some point too, I asked about it a while ago and never got chance but if I'm not working on meeting evenings I'd like to meet some fellow moddlers.

Richard

Ditto I will send you a pm

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

We are now sorted in our new club room.  Work is ongoing with layouts in N, 3mm, OO, S4 and O gauge.

We meet at Temple Works Leeds on Wednesday evening - the door is manned from 7:30 to 8 then we have a door bell - as we are up 2 flights of stairs it may take a while to get to the door - we use the artist entrance (!) not the double front door.  If you are coming along please pm me first as we residein a Grade 1 Listed Building Site so juniors under 16 are not allowed currently.

We are now sorted in our new club room.  Work is ongoing with layouts in N, 3mm, OO, S4 and O gauge.

We meet at Temple Works Leeds on Wednesday evening - the door is manned from 7:30 to 8 then we have a door bell - as we are up 2 flights of stairs it may take a while to get to the door - we use the artist entrance (!) not the double front door.  If you are coming along please pm me first as we residein a Grade 1 Listed Building Site so juniors under 16 are not allowed currently.

Is that the building which had a grass roof and Sheep ?

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well folks we live in this building..

post-7650-0-44611300-1390983719_thumb.jpg

as stated earlier we have on site security 24/7/365 so if you want to come along pm me first please for info of how to get in etc.

and we are busy with layouts

post-7650-0-88105200-1390983793_thumb.jpg

in 3mm

post-7650-0-79715000-1390983819_thumb.jpg

OO

post-7650-0-74694400-1390983866_thumb.jpg

and 4mm OO finescale

along with O, N and various other bits and bats

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We are having an Open Day...

Saturday 10th May 10:30 to 4

No under 14s please as the Clubroom is in a Grade 1 Listed Building site - many apologies

And.. as the lift doesn't work we won't be able to let anyone not up to climbing 4 flights of steps into the Club room.

Layouts running/under construction, demos  and Refreshments will be available form the Temple Works team...

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Times changed with confirmation of the Temple Works Team being on hand to provide guides, refreshments etc..

Now open from 11am to 5pm.

Hope you can come along!

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

We are having our Second Open Day...

Sunday 16th June 11am till  to 4pm

No under 14s please as the Clubroom is in a Grade 1 Listed Building site - many apologies

And.. as the lift still doesn't work we won't be able to let anyone not up to climbing 4 flights of steps into the Club room.

Layouts running/under construction in N, 3mm, 4mm and 7mm hopefully, demos  and Refreshments will be available from the Temple Works team...(TBC)

Will confirm if the Temple works team will be undertaking trips round the site (for a small fee)

Car park in the yard behind the works (enter through the gates at the front of the building

Edit: time changed again!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Layouts operating:

Headingley N gauge dcc

Calverley and Rodley N Gauge dc

Fairford - OO

"Learner" layout - OO

Regis Bay - O Gauge dc

in addition Chapel en le Frith (OO), Hatfield Moor (TT) and a S4 layout will be on display.

Temple Works are running activities during the day.

• RMweb Premium

With the weather prospects not too good for the weekend out Open Day should be worth a visit. Car park is at the rear of the building via a side entrance off Marshall Street.

Baz

Archived