MidHants Railway Diesel Gala, April 26-28th

Temeraire

You mean you want a freebie?

Why what do you know? hole in the fence over the top or wowcher.

I was going to say too the wife 'picknick - i know a great place' then head for ropley station and the north side.

Less ear-ache when she's eating.

G.

• RMweb Gold

Why what do you know? 

G.

What I do know is that these galas, indeed anything to do with the operation of preserved railways costs an arm and a leg. Anybody who wants to take advantage of them for nothing really pees me off.

That's what I know matey.

What I do know is that these galas, indeed anything to do with the operation of preserved railways costs an arm and a leg. Anybody who wants to take advantage of them for nothing really pees me off.

That's what I know matey.

Matey ? Matey ?.

Apologies if i have offended anyone.

My thoughts were, they offered an evening photography option for £5 so why not offer a general admission option £10 for Ropley let the donators come in have a look around and if people want the option too ride they can pay the £20.

I'm perfectly happy at Ropley watching the trains go by i believe most of the change overs are happening there also.

I don't run a preserved railway so i cannot be accurate but one price fits all doesnt always fit. Isn't the idea being that you want as much money as possible, so offer a choice (people like choice) too maximise your gate receipts.

If this is not the case i'm happy for the business plan too be explained.

So until Sunday then.............

G.

I went on Friday and stayed until after dark; I've still plenty of shots to sort through... but I'm going again tomorrow. It was an intensive day and managed to dodge most of the showers... lovely and warm in the sunshine too. The bridge at Ropley gives a really good vantage point, so don't forget to use it.

A few from me:.....Jon

post-8351-0-75698700-1367077341_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-30099200-1367077343_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-94448000-1367077344_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-56525100-1367077346_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-31642600-1367077348_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-85945000-1367077349_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-84920800-1367077351_thumb.jpg

I went down on the Friday and had a good time. Unfortunately I didn't spend all day (I've not been well with an internal infection, passing blood and the doctor threatening me with hospital) so was suffering some discomfort and feeling a bit under the weather which meant I found it quite exhausting. But I managed a few shot - not as many as I'd have liked. Here's a few;

dsc5337n.jpg

dsc5279y.jpg

dsc5272f.jpg

dsc5323o.jpg

G.

dsc5279y.jpg

G.

Judging by this shot, I must have been stood quite close to you... The railway has just re-posted my image on their facebook page.., I think it looked nice and made the scene very green. Sorry you had to leave, but hope you feel better soon.

Jon

A big 'thank you' to all concerned with organising and running this event.  I made the long trip down from Lincoln and with a couple of old friends, had a fantastic day out on Saturday, both riding the trains and taking pictures.  Particular highlights for me were the sound of Lion charging up to Medstead/Four Marks from Alton; and Crompton '109 with the VEP.  I also jumped at the opportunity to travel on a thumper once more - never ever thought I would find myself writing that when they were standard fare in my neck of the woods years ago!    I hope it was sufficiently well supported to make another one a possibility.  Well done all.

Best wishes,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Archived