Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Terry

Can I ask if the 3rd rail will go along all of the track or does it just cover certain sections (referring to real life as well) Not much knowledge of 3rd rail to be honest. I did get a CEP 411 for Christmas for no other reason than I though it looked amazing. Maybe I should do some 3rd rail for my layout? 

Cheers 

Scott 

You could have a go at building an electrostar like James Makin, (he has 2 now!) You can buy resin cabs from him on eBay...

So, 4veps coming to Glebe road then, will be great when done...

Thinking about it a class 450 would be a straight forward conversion?

yeah 4vep's  and 411 cep's along with some thumpers and luggage vans.i think they are 3rd rail.

• Like 2

Hi Terry.

It´s good to see you´ve started a thread on Glebe Road Junction.

Your videos are really entertaining but seeing the photos you can see the smaller details.

Lovely ballasting.

hi andy

long time no hear mate.hope you and the family are ok?

yes i thought i would join up as i keep hearing every one talk about it and your right about the smaller details.

there is a lot of new layouts on here i have never seen before and have already learnt a lot from others on here!

i hate ballasting but its got to be done right i think to get the layout looking as good as possible.

terry

Your detailing is very good too........

cheers mate.

its all about the detailing in my opinion mate.

• Like 2

Terry

Can I ask if the 3rd rail will go along all of the track or does it just cover certain sections (referring to real life as well) Not much knowledge of 3rd rail to be honest. I did get a CEP 411 for Christmas for no other reason than I though it looked amazing. Maybe I should do some 3rd rail for my layout? 

Cheers 

Scott 

Hi Scott

To be honest you know as much as i do about third rail.i think it will cover most of the layout sooner or later and i am just trying to copy what i see in photos and videos.

Its a good added addition to any layout but be warned.....its not an easy task fitting third rail and the little bit i fitted has given me a big head ache.

terry

• Like 1

This is a new steel foot bridge to go over my platforms.It started off as a wills/ratio kit but has been heavily modified to suit.

The only original parts are the steps and steel trellis beside the steps.

The original kit was for two lines only so i had to scratch build the walk way from plasticard so it would cover four lines and then just added peco girder 

plates to the sides.

The original kit had a roof but decided to build it without and to represent a foot bridge close to where i live.It has been given two coats of grey 

primer then added a couple of coats of industrial grey spray paint.

I have just started to paint the trellis white as this will be the only section in this color and the rest will stay in industrial grey.The floor will be painted 

into a darker grey and then finally it will be weathered.

There is only one issue with it....and that is that its just not tall enough.The trains pass under but only just and there is no room for locos with 

pantographs fitted.

So i will be adding a concrete block of around an inch high so to be added under the supporting legs and then i will have to extend the steps.

Hopefully this will raise it enough for trains to pass with enough clearance!!!

See attached pictures below.

post-17682-0-04532200-1358798291.jpg

post-17682-0-64112900-1358798306.jpg

post-17682-0-37535500-1358798332.jpg

post-17682-0-82387500-1358798336.jpg

post-17682-0-49733600-1358798341.jpg

post-17682-0-77072700-1358798349.jpg

post-17682-0-59725300-1358798360.jpg

• Like 10

Nice job on the footbridge Terry and the flats over the bridge look really good also. I am enjoying watching the development of the new GRJ. 

thanks for the comment.i have finished painting the bridge today along with hand painted graffiti.all it needs now is weathering.but i will do that when i 

get the air brush out for the rest of the weathering on the layout.

• Like 1

Here are some more pictures of the progress i am making with the new footbridge.The painting has been done along with added graffiti, some on 

paper back and the rest was hand painted.

I have also made some concrete risers so trains would pass under with no problems and have also just made the steps longer along with more 

added trellis down the sides.

Now that's left to do is paint the added bits and then give the whole thing a weathering so it blends in!

post-17682-0-12646700-1358962363.jpg

post-17682-0-57720500-1358962366.jpg

post-17682-0-13676000-1358962372.jpg

post-17682-0-08069400-1358962383.jpg

post-17682-0-42250500-1358962389.jpg

post-17682-0-05174000-1358962394.jpg

post-17682-0-42982300-1358962401.jpg

• Like 6

Yer!! you wil end up with the "97" bugg!! like me :sungum: ........

i have had the 97 but for a while now.i also have the new 57 and the 31 in network rail.

Hi mate

I like the look of this layout, and the foot bridge is excellent...

Jamie

thanks a lot jamie.

That is very well done.

thank you!

nice seeing stuff before it goes on youtube.

its weird posting stuff on here before youtube as i have only ever used youtube until now.

• Like 1

i have had the 97 but for a while now.i also have the new 57 and the 31 in network rail.

thanks a lot jamie.

thank you!

its weird posting stuff on here before youtube as i have only ever used youtube until now.

So you wil have good fleet of "Network rail" loco"s and stock :no: ive pm you Terry,97301 is now all boxed up ready to send....

• Like 1

Hi

Looking pretty good so far liking the graffiti on the bridge.

i have in my bit box some steps of the same make as yours if you drop me a pm with you address i can send them to foc if you like, they would match up with the rest of your latice.

this is not any kind of criticism of you bridge just trying to help out with some bits i no longer need i was using them om my lincoln central layout but there no longer needed.

Regards

JOHN