Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi guys

Sorry it has been a while so I thought I would give you all an update on what has been going on in my life.

I have decided to take some time out as I was hoping to move house and I would have to destroy the layout so thought it would be a waste of time doing anymore work to it. So far moving house has fallen through three times as I lost my job last year after 23 years but I am positive I will be moving within the next few months.

It is true that I have sold most of my locos...well all the modern stock has gone and I am left with all the 80's stuff. So once me and my family are settled into our new abode I will think about starting a new layout set around the 80's. Glebe road still stands in my loft but has not been touched in a very long time but did feature in last months model rail magazine which I thought was a nice send off.

My plan is to try and save the new TMD section I built last and build my new layout around this section but this will not be happening anytime soon but it will happen.

I also wanted to thank everyone on here for their support and friendship during the build of GRJ and hopefully I can catch up with you all once again sometime in the near future......peace out!!!

Terry

• Like 8

Hi Terry,

Very sorry to hear about your job, I hope you have managed to find something new. I know all about the stresses of moving house as I moved 4 months ago and had to rip up my large attic layout and have had to settle for a much smaller one, but as long as I can "play" trains then I am happy. I have enjoyed following your layout and am looking forward to your future layout. Wishing you all the best with your house move.

Chris

Hi Terry,

Good on you for staying positive! These things can really try us sometime and it's good that you haven't left modelling behind altogether. I had to break my layout up for our move last November and to try and keep modelling I've resorted to wagon kits and home built trees! Until I can start my layout room (the garage).

Fantastic article in model rail i was looking forward to it for months after you first told us you would feature. I have to admit though, although the shots in the magazine looked incredibly lifelike, I thought the lighting and gloom of your attic really gave Glebe Road a fantastic atmosphere!

Thanks for the update and all the best for the future.

John

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello Terry,

Iv been catching up on your thread/YouTube again.

I hope you managed to get into a new job and it's going well on top of your house move, again I hope it went through okay, if you did mange to move.

I guess I'm just curious now to see if your looking at a bit of a reboot into modelling again. I hope you do mate, both your layouts were awesome, and I'm sure there's a lot of people on here and on the tube that would like to see you back on. Hopefully we will see you back up and running soon.

All the best and good luck with all things to come,

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 years later...
23 hours ago, dugdug03 said:

I always rewatch your stuff on YouTube, very inspirational. Hopefully your return to the hobby is not to far away. Kind Regards Dugmer Junction 

Hopefuly Terry wil return to this fab hobbie one day soon..

• 7 months later...

Hi Terry been a while since I posted here

You'll be glad to hear your class 70 and MPV are still running well on my layout though it is not the original one, we've moved several times and even had to leave an entire layout once. Hope you'll get back into the hobby again

Regards Shaun

• Like 1