Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Dating, women and the 'hobby'...

• RMweb Gold
On 26/03/2019 at 15:40, MarkC said:

Judging by comments frequently made:-

The air at exhibitions might smell better?

Hat, coat, gone... 

The only difference in the smell is that at art exhibitions it's bullsh*t and at model railways it's all too often real...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 5

My own livery preference is something that can be applied from a cheap rattlecan and requires no elaborate lining so it's unlined black for me, not because I'm a bloke but because I'm rubbish at painting things. 

Edited by PatB
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Formerly chestnut but now authentic silver-grey. Mrs Dava goes as blonde, with highlights. Dolly Parton was right.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

On 21/06/2019 at 19:00, Dava said:

Formerly chestnut but now authentic silver-grey. Mrs Dava goes as blonde, with highlights. Dolly Parton was right.

Two of the best Dolly quotes.

It costs a lot of money to look this cheap....

I look just like the girls next door … If you happen to live next door to an amusement park.

Jason

• Funny 7

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Two of the best Dolly quotes.

It costs a lot of money to look this cheap....

I look just like the girls next door … If you happen to live next door to an amusement park.

Jason

Plus her classic answer to the question "How long does it take to do your hair?"

Answer "I don't know, I'm not there!"

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

I seem to remember her describing herself as the only girl who'd ever left the Appalachian Mountains and taken two of them with her.  Not into Country especially, but I've got a lot of time for Dolly, straight up no side tell it like it is woman with a wonderfully self deprecating sense of humour.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

I seem to remember her describing herself as the only girl who'd ever left the Appalachian Mountains and taken two of them with her.  Not into Country especially, but I've got a lot of time for Dolly, straight up no side tell it like it is woman with a wonderfully self deprecating sense of humour.  

I see her philanthropic provision of books to children to be hugely positive. 

• Agree 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 29/07/2019 at 14:16, The Johnster said:

If I'm trying to play a guitar, it's the hand operating mechanism that caused the problems...<_<

On 29/07/2019 at 15:03, Porkscratching said:

If I'm trying to play the guitar it's me brain remembering anything that's causing the problem...

I can't play the guitar but can play the harmonica. Maybe that's why I'm single...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...