Les1952

We're not modelling the GN, but a fictitious GC line.

We've taken a ficticious alignment for the line because having looked at Bulwell Forest Station it wouldn't fit.  In any case The OO-gauge mob are doing it as Phoenix Park.  Even they are moving away from the real thing because the clubroom wasn't big enough. As it was, that layout originally fitted wall to wall in the then clubroom.  At the planning stage the N-gauge group could negotiate occasional use of a space big enough for a 12 foot layout.  Note the use of the word occasional.  No way enough to model the real thing.

The new build at the North End of the layout are the houses on Orinsay Close, just by the Church on Rise Park.  They are accurate models of those two houses made in one of them by the man who lives there.   That puts our Rise Park Station the other side of the large roundabout where Bestwood Drive meets Top Valley Drive, with Top Valley Market being somewhere around Ranskill Gardens.  In other words we've made the whole line about half a mile to the East of the GN to allow us to make an impression rather than an actual location.  We've also altered the topography to set the station in a natural bowl.

Looking at the buildings- the Metropole is not next door to a brewery, yet both are real Nottingham buildings, as are about 75% of the buildings in Top Valley Town.  Railway buildings are mostly from the area South of Nottingham as these tend to be a little more representative of the GC in most peoples minds.  Also they were available for Trevor to measure to build accurately.

Trevor, by the way, was County Agent at the time that much of the actual area was being planned and built.  He has been driving the move to get real buildings measured and made accurately.  The compromise has to be that these buildings weren't next to the railway in real life.

Les

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly ready for Sileby show.

We've got to the stage where anything that can't be made passable in one more session isn't getting started until after Sileby.  That means the railway will be unfenced, the trolleybus circle won't be started and a lot of the fine detailing on the grassy areas won't have happened.

First batch of pics from this week.  Starting at the North End and moving South.

post-13358-0-03878300-1452608188_thumb.jpg

The building site is apparently finished- except we thought Alf had glued down the left-hand pair of houses, and still wants to take the flatbed wagon away to add a load.  As BigJim (previously Jim), Geoff and I were packing up at the end we noticed the houses had disappeared again and the flatbed was still in situ....

post-13358-0-93650800-1452608194_thumb.jpg

Looking North at Geoff's Station Terrace with the Rise Park development in the distance.  There isn't to be a pavement on this side, so just some edging in left to do, though Geoff may have done this after the photo was taken and the sun came out.

post-13358-0-04548600-1452608200_thumb.jpg

Looking North along the Station showing the starter signal for the goods loop, and the fact there isn't yet a signal on the down main line.  This will be added some time after Sileby, Young Jim has sourced the signal. It just wants wiring in.  Not shown is the three aspect signal going the other way on the up line.  Young Jim wired this one to work automatically.

post-13358-0-67251900-1452608201_thumb.jpg

From a similar viewpoint, looking the other way. The up signal is just out of sight to the left, though its cabinet is just visible at the very edge of the picture.  The factory units are there to block the view a little and make things more interesting.

post-13358-0-36334900-1452608186_thumb.jpg

Above Top Valley Tunnel is Stanley Street- these buildings actually stood in Newark, just off Northern Road behind Northgate Station- the opposite side of the road had only two floors and are still lived in.  This block is part of Trevor's award-winning diorama for the N-Gauge Society's modelling competition a few years back.  The rest of the diorama is mostly in the Industrial Estate at the very front of the layout.

post-13358-0-27666000-1452608198_thumb.jpg

The Market Place and cross.  For Sileby the Cross will be fixed down with Double-sided tape or something, and only glued down finally when the trolleybus turning circle has been installed.  The magic roundabout will sit on the pavement to the left.  

There is another batch of pics from this morning.  I'll try to get these up fairly quickly, but I've said that before........

Les

• Like 3

Looking at the pics again-

You will notice a Barton Transport RTL double-decker standing behind the station cottages.  We KNOW it is wrong on two counts as follows-

• Barton didn't buy their RTLs until 1966 or 1967, so it is out of time by 6 to 7 years.
  • Barton didn't run into this area, at least not according to the list of routes in the book describing Barton's history.

It will at some time in the future be replaced by a Midland General Bristol Lodekka.  All we need is for Oxford Diecast to make one.  Alternately, a Base toys Bristol MW in Midland General colours would do......

Les

A Couple more pics

post-13358-0-65465600-1452726320_thumb.jpg

Looking into the copse with the beehives as a lorry of stuff makes its way onto the building site by the muddy lane- now the show home is open that is the only way in for heavies.  Security fencing for the site to be added later, together with the gate we forgot when laying the hedge....

post-13358-0-61885300-1452726322_thumb.jpg

Looking to the Ross factory, showing how the chimney extends above the top of the backscene.  It is, of course, removable for transport and leaving behind in the clubroom......

Still working on the phone pics.  More to follow.

Les

• Like 3

Nearly there..

.. or at least as far as we can get before Sileby.  One or two of these pics belong to last week.

post-13358-0-02932100-1453211497_thumb.jpg

The scrapyard which was at one time attached to Stanley Terrace Street (and won the award and featured in the N-Gauge Society Journal at the time) is now at the front of the layout in the industrial area.

post-13358-0-04396200-1453211500_thumb.jpg

I bought a whole raft of unpainted Presier figures for Hawthorn Dene, Rise Park and Furtwangen Ost, to be added as appropriate.  Included were four platform bench seats.  Given that the GC were fairly mean when it came to providing benches two only have appeared so far on Rise Park, populated with three of a pack of Noch figures picked up at Sherwood Models last weekend.  One of the others in the pack is on a bench in the garden of Geoff's Stationmaster's house, and the remaining two are sitting outside the pub in the town centre.  Final bedding in of the platform buildings will be after Sileby.

post-13358-0-07012900-1453211494_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Oxford Diecast there is a funeral cortege about to leave Ross Row.  Figures for this have still to be sourced.

post-13358-0-44822700-1453211491_thumb.jpg

Also thanks to Oxford Diecast there is a rank of vintage taxis for sale in the old goods yard.  The dealer has his Humber.  There is also a police car just out of shot (with constables to be sourced).  No doubt they are checking why three of the vintage cabs appear to have the same registration.

post-13358-0-38054500-1453211495_thumb.jpg

Lastly for today- we noticed that Trevor had modelled the station gates closed and painted white.  The solution- it is white primer and the painter is still on with the job.  We are having a rare Thursday evening session this week to do a bit more finishing.  Next week the layout has to be split and the lighting gantry made. The lights arrived on Thursday ready for fitting.

Les

Edited by Les1952

• 2 weeks later...

This week Trevor and Alf have been getting the gantry for the lights installed.  Meanwhile some tidying up.

post-13358-0-54025900-1454256078_thumb.jpg

The old yard waiting demolition on the edge of Top Valley Market Place

post-13358-0-65077000-1454256081_thumb.jpg

Of course, the obligatory trainspotters.  As Barry and John are on Hawthorn Dene, I wonder who this pair are....

This week some trains running- the first outing at Sileby (three weeks away) is complicated by Hawthorn Dene being out the week before AND the week after.  I'll test the rakes that are used on both layouts this week, and then check them again before Doncaster for HD and hope they go back into the boxes the right way round.....

Les

• Like 1

Some of the locos

I've been working on my surviving analogue locos and upgrading some of Trevor's.  Hopefully at Sileby I'll get some video of the trains running.  One or two of them look very good.  All parked on Hawthorn Dene with the power off...

post-13358-0-95325800-1454776286_thumb.jpg

First is Trevor's 44027.  It has run straight out of the box on a couple of layouts but I've got hold of it and am taking it in hand.  The loco now has lamps, cab stanchions, coal in the tender, and crew.  That in itself makes a difference.  Tomorrow the weathering starts.

post-13358-0-77917000-1454776287_thumb.jpg

One seen elsewhere- my K3.  A Foxhunter kit on a Farish crab chassis.  Made for me by David Temple and supplied in primer.  At that time it sat too high so it has been lowered a little and I've painted and lined it for the second time- it was a Parnhams loco in LNER lined black at first.  Eventually it will go for DCC fitting, but not until Croft Spa is nearly ready to receive it.

post-13358-0-32076800-1454776290_thumb.jpg

My Butler Henderson.  Bought at a toy fair severalteen years ago.  Not a lot done to it apart from sorting out the tender pickups so the loco actually works.

post-13358-0-46531800-1454776291_thumb.jpg

My O4/5 2-8-0, built to order by Pro Models on a Farish 8F chassis.  Despite having an original price measured in limbs it has long been a poor runner.  Only now I've had the pickups to bits and also given it a full hour running has it started to behave itself.  It will be interesting to see if it runs all weekend.  And, yes, the valve gear is over wide and it rides too high at the front.

More to follow.

Les

Edited by Les1952

Second batch of locos

post-13358-0-31489500-1454791808_thumb.jpg

Thirty-odd year old Peco Jubilee 45580 Burma is the only Jubilee that we'll be using at Sileby.  I'm the only one of the group to have Jubilees- many will know the difficulty I've had getting Farish Jubilees to work - and I'm down to two. The other, a Farish Hong Kong, got half-way round Rise Park on test and dropped its valve gear.  Hong Kong will wend its way to BR Lines for a repair in the next couple of weeks, once I'm happy nothing else has failed.  Meanwhile the ancient warrior shows its worth yet again.

post-13358-0-13643800-1454791809_thumb.jpg

Union Mills J11 64354 is one of Trevor's locos left over from Parnhams.  It tended to be spare on Parnhams so hasn't that many miles under its wheels.  It already had lamps, stanchions, coal and a crew so all I've had to do is find an example that survived late enough for late logo.  I found a right-hand-side picture of this one being scrapped in 1963.  Not only did it have the late crest, but the crest was the right way round (facing left).

post-13358-0-03203200-1454791810_thumb.jpg

J39/3 64978 is a Union Mills loco - one of mine, and the only J39 I have that isn't DCC fitted.  The prototype ran with one of the later NER 4125 gallon tenders with coal rails that sloped down at both ends  The tender on this one is a Midland type that doesn't look too unlike the original from a distance.  The loco to tender connection kept coming adrift, so I've soldered it.

post-13358-0-71634100-1454791810_thumb.jpg

Trevor's J26, now brought into BR livery and renumbered 65738, one of the locos of the class that retained circular cab spectacles to the end.  Wrong for a GCR layout it has clearly been borrowed for an unfitted train to Leicester- unfitted as the J26 class never boasted train brakes.  Seen while the varnish was still drying and before weathering.  It will be well grotted up as befits a Teesside workhorse.  Shame about the oversized tender.  I would have changed it for a smaller one but it isn't my loco.

More pics to follow.

Les

• Like 1

The third batch of locos

again posed on Hawthorn Dene with the power switched off.  I've now weathered all of the locos in the last two sets, and glazed the cab of the J26 and the spectacles of the J11, both of which look much less "Union Mills" than they did.

post-13358-0-16624700-1454872348_thumb.jpg

40632 is a Union Mills 2P, the only one of my tender engines from "Parnhams" that I didn't sell, largely because I've been unable to find the box for it.  Now renumbered as one that was allocated to 16A Nottingham in 1959.  It won't be lined or weathered just yet- there isn't tme to finish it before Sileby.  It will be a spare loco for passenger services.  I'll line and weather it between Sileby and Cotgrave shows.

post-13358-0-86251900-1454872348_thumb.jpg

This is the Crab from Mr Simon's workbench thread, now weathered.  For some reason it has its lamps attached to its tender.  I have a funny idea that was done on purpose but I can't remember what that purpose was.  It will work a local freight tender-first just to add a little variety.  For those who can't be bothered to read Simon's account it has been detailed and acquired a GEM tender from a 4F kit.  The tender was solder assembled with the rest of the 4F by David Temple.  Anyone want a tenderless professionally solder-assembled 4F?

post-13358-0-49415800-1454872349_thumb.jpg

I only realised when I reduced the size of this image that the loco is not completely on the track.  If you look hard enough you will see it is actually an 0-6-2.  A Langley N2 on a Poole Farish chassis,t his one is another of these I've had for so long I can't remember when it was bought.  Mr Simon has had a session on it, and since the photo was taken yesterday I've built up the frame at the front so it looks a bit more like an engine.  It is currently running well, though it does have the Graham Farish habit of occasionally throwing its connecting rods.

post-13358-0-28836400-1454872350_thumb.jpg

What a Lancashire 4MT is doing on the Great Central is anyone's guess. 75019 is a Langley body on a Graham Farish chassis, with a lot of the work done by Mr Simon.  I spent time yesterday working out why it couldn't even pull itself along the track and realised the N-brass front bogie reversed itself whenever the loco was picked up.  I've fiddled with the bogie adjusting screw and it now aligns itself better.  I've also looked at the tender drawbar and bent it slightly upwards to transfer a little weight from the tender to the loco.  It will have another test during Tuesday's running session. I'm hoping it is now strong enough to tackle one of the fitted "runners". While resizing the picture I noticed it only had a crest on one side of the tender.  That has been sorted as well.

In the middle of all that I found time to box up Hawthorn Dene's trains ready for Doncaster next weekend.  Tomorrow brings sorting out a new loco to tender lead for an Ixion Manor, and, if it works, doing the side that hasn't melted as well....

Looking at these pics I also have a few bufferbeams to tone down.....

Les

• 2 weeks later...

SILEBY SHOW

All set up at Sileby, and everything seems to be working (fingers, toes and anything else possible crossed).  We're back-to-back with BMRC member  layout BOGHAMPTON, and they are immediately opposite BMRC member layout SOUTH TOWN (recently featured in BRM), so there is a big Bingham MRC block in the big hall.

News is that I had a chat with Ben Jones, who would welcome an article on the layout for BRM.   All I've got to do is write it and persuade a certain Mr York to come and photograph it.......

If you are at Sileby come and have a chat.

Les

• Like 1

Sileby day 1

Fraught start- trains were only just loaded on the layout at the time the show opened, and running in the first hour wasn't good enough.  By lunchtime things had settled and throughout the afternoon mostly things ran well.  Plenty of positive comments- the layout looks very good even though it isn't fully finished.  There is now a billboard on the site of Geoff's station house which was broken in transit.  Fortunately it was the only casualty.

post-13358-0-07569700-1456008828_thumb.jpg

Set up and ready to go- the pic was taken about ten minutes before the show closed.  Geoff sorts a derailment in the fiddle yard.

post-13358-0-99303500-1456008825_thumb.jpg

Pics in no particular order.   This short cattle train had Trevor's 4F on the front, but by the middle of the afternoon it was stuttering, so Evening Star was brought out of the box as a substitute.  As it is a short train in a long siding it will be lengthened for day 2.  The real Evening Star did do one return trip from Woodford Halse to Annesley and back on a "runner"- having arrived at Woodford off the Western and not being needed to work back again for a day or two it was "borrowed" and sent North....

post-13358-0-58301600-1456008824_thumb.jpg

One of the Ivatt class 2MTs (I'm not sure if it it Trevor's, Geoff's or mine) calls at Rise Park Station on the Annesley Dido.  With a bit of luck the N2 might work that train tomorrow.

post-13358-0-80538700-1456008826_thumb.jpg

The K3 works Mr Simon's ore empties.  This train ran quite reliably all day.  

post-13358-0-98080800-1456009565_thumb.jpg

A borrowed Hymek showing just how desperate we were getting for engines with clean wheels by the end of the day.  The Hymeks were all delivered from Beyer Paecock along the GCR.  This one seems to have been borrowed by Woodford and sent North again.  The WR will get their hands on it eventually.

Time for bed.

Les

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I remembered the camera this week.

The video showed up a number of areas that need dealing with - the first being the 2-foot high kerbs in the town area.  Picture shows the building plates lifted and the roadway sub-surface being fitted- held down with all sorts of odds and somthings while the glue sets.  The main road round the outside will have tarmac made from wet-and-dry while the streets will be Redutex setts.

post-13358-0-65316300-1464817942_thumb.jpg

Also going in are the posts for the post-and-wire fence over the cutting.  The posts are being done in brass rather than the plastic rodding I used on Hawthorn Dene, as the latter didn't stand up too well to use.

post-13358-0-21770500-1464817941_thumb.jpg

I'll use Tamiya Deck Tan paint to turn them concrete coloured, and spend most of tomorrow when not marking looking for the knitting-in elastic for the "wire"

Les

• 1 month later...

We HAVE been working, honest.

.. or at least between holidays, illnesses and having to stay at home for Parcels Force.......

Work has been steady rather than spectacular.  I've been writing an article for BRM, and that is nearly finished.  The side streets in the Market Place are being relaid with Redutex setts- one sheet used and waiting for the order for more to arrive at DCC Supplies from Spain.  Pics of that end when it is done.  In the mean time some close ups of the Rise Park end of the layout.

post-13358-0-39820900-1468357139_thumb.jpg

A close up (bigger than full size) of an area that is usually taken for granted- Trevor's low relief houses along the backscene.  Note the population doing what houseowners do in their back gardens when said gardens are overlooked.

post-13358-0-61072500-1468357142_thumb.jpg

Just in front of this but to the left is Alf's estate entrance, with barrier and assorted bits going on.  Naturally the workforce aren't all that bothered whether punters can get to the showhome to buy any of the houses.  They can do that when they are all finished, surely, and not get in the way in the meantime.

post-13358-0-80422300-1468357140_thumb.jpg

Beehive yourself!    In front of the estate and above the tunnel mouth the beekeeper is out and prepared.  This again shows up the limitations of cast whitemetal figures when magnified beyond full-sized.  He looks OK from a distance, however.

post-13358-0-13620100-1468357144_thumb.jpg

Lastly I've finally managed to get hold of one of the underscale Scenecraft Trent all- Leyland PD2 double-deckers.  Much more correct for this part of Nottingham, it will do until such time as Oxford bring out a Midland General Lodekka.

Time to move on.

Les

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, what have we been doing for most of July, all of August and a good half of September.?

Hopefully these six pics will give an idea.  We've not been only been sat on our backsides drinking coffee.  There has been some work done in the meantime...

Working left to right along the layout.

post-13358-0-89830700-1474492132_thumb.jpg

Improvements have been going on in the building site area, extra details in the corner which looked a little bare.  Alf has felled another Heki tree and left the trunk leaning against the backscene.  His plastic site marker posts that snapped off as soon as you looked at them have been replaced with wire ones, and the oversized bulldozer has gone.

post-13358-0-49631800-1474492134_thumb.jpg

Moving down the slope the site security fencing has gone in, and the lane beyond the estate entrance is now hedged at both sides.  Also along here the beekeeper has a gate so he can get out of the field.

post-13358-0-73459300-1474492133_thumb.jpg

Above the cutting post and wire fence is done on the estate side and nearing completion on the other, with a pair of nags in the field.  The camera shows imperfections in the wire that can't be seen with the naked eye.

post-13358-0-53236000-1474492135_thumb.jpg

Moving along to the other end of the layout the start of the road out of the town has been resurfaced with proper pavement and a zebra crossing and steps to meet the raised footpath to the station.  The Belisha beacons are still to be sourced. The photo shows there is still a little tidying up to be done on the walling corner.  This also shows the cobbled surface and lower kerbs on Ross Terrace.  The funeral cars are yet to be put back.

post-13358-0-68235600-1474492196_thumb.jpg

At the front of the layout the lane down to the industrial estate has been improved, with fencing, mud and a few boulders for the trucks going down here to negotiate....  Random hedges hide the worst of the imperfections in the post and wire fence, and the grass has been thickened.  Still a population of small furries to add.

post-13358-0-67307200-1474492136_thumb.jpg

Finally for now Geoff's war memorial is taking shape, though Alf may have placed it facing the wrong way- it isn't yet stuck in place.  Tidying up here to do then the foliage on the bank in front of it.  Beyond here the town area has had the roads resurfaced to remove the oversized kerbs, and Redutex cobbles setts have been laid on the side streets.   The trolleybus wiring will not now be done as prototyping it ave too thick wire if it was to be strong enough to support its own weight.

Still plenty to do.  Target is to have all-but finished the scenery by Christmas so that the crating can be tackled in January then electrics revisited and some denect decent running time before its next show, which fortunately seems to be June.

Les

Edited by Les1952

• 2 months later...

Into December and still not finished...

.....though there has been steady work towards the Christmas deadline for finishing all but the town.  Some details pictured today (6th Dec)-

post-13358-0-89388200-1481034591_thumb.jpg

Is the bonfire lit yet?

post-13358-0-74456700-1481034595_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is!  Flicker unit installed by Jim.

post-13358-0-29419500-1481034593_thumb.jpg

Right at the front is Bob's stable block, bedded in by me.  Seen from the operator side as this board is on the bench for Geoff to add the farm gateway.

post-13358-0-53149200-1481034592_thumb.jpg

The field beyond the cutting (the one with the nags in) now has a nag shelter made by Geoff.

post-13358-0-16038900-1481034594_thumb.jpg

Geoff's war memorial is now completed.  All it needs now is some population.

post-13358-0-92683400-1481034594_thumb.jpg

Geoff has also been adding benches to the platform and weathering the surface.  Some tidying up of the vertical surface below the platform still to do.

post-13358-0-24238800-1481034591_thumb.jpg

Lastly the doorway to Alf's works, with vehicles given loads.

Today's work has included making a barrow crossing for the platform end, and some general tidying up here and there.  Not a lot to finish in the next couple of weeks.  Just as well.....

Les

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

It is with great sadness that I need to report that Trevor Webster, the designer of many of the structures on the layout, and a great contributor to the layout, lost his long battle with cancer this week, passing away peacefully on Tuesday 14th in the afternoon.  Trevor was also creator of four layouts, "Parnhams Maltings", "Parnhams", "Stamford East" - now owned by Robin Fox of Manchester and still on the circuit, and "Whatton Parva", now owned by Jim.

post-13358-0-19492500-1487458696_thumb.jpg

Seen here showing Jim the art of making Rise Park's signalbox.

post-13358-0-17419800-1487458803_thumb.jpg

A couple of years later the completed box is passed by the K3 on a test train.  At this point the box had not been bedded in beside the track.

Les

Edited by Les1952

• 1 month later...

An April update

We've been getting on with two jobs ready for the summer (when I've got to book Andy Y for a photoshoot and we are going to the GCR 3-day show).

1.  The electrical gremlins are now all fixed bar one, which is identified as copperclad touching on adjacent boards and which will be fixed when we take the boards apart in a couple of weeks time

2.  The Market Place is getting close to finished, just a few details to tidy then additional population can be added.

I've got to get the article for BRM finished which has been deferred while I get South Notts Show finalised.

Meanwhile some detail pics, taken with my phone at the club last Tuesday.  I'm going to use these pics, together with some from Hawthorn Dene and Furtwangen Ost, in an article I'm putting together for the N Gauge Journal.  Goodness only knows when that will be finished....  Excuse the random bits of fluff etc, the layout is due for a vacuuming.  Nothing in this lot from the Market Place area as Geoff was working on it and I didn't want to disturb a Maestro at work...

post-13358-0-30398500-1492368578_thumb.jpg

Saw gang cutting up the felled timber at the back of the building site (far left)

post-13358-0-70554500-1492368579_thumb.jpg

Inspecting the drains leading from the building site

post-13358-0-55168200-1492368580_thumb.jpg

Two gradient posts by Geoff, so far from the front that they won't be readable by the naked eye- shame the camera could get in for a cruel enlargement.

post-13358-0-51800500-1492368581_thumb.jpg

Loading widgets onto the wagon in front of Hodkin's works.

post-13358-0-77798200-1492368582_thumb.jpg

The painter is the reason for the station gates being shut.  Hopefully if a passenger appears he will open them.  More likely he will stand there and allow them to get white hands....

post-13358-0-87173100-1492368584_thumb.jpg

"If we talk nicely to the transformer perhaps it will work"

post-13358-0-81230300-1492368585_thumb.jpg

Part of the population in the gardens of the low relief houses at the rear of the layout.

post-13358-0-51204600-1492368587_thumb.jpg

Levering a trolley into place or trying to move it forward.  This picture is taken looking towards the front of the layout, so punters won't be able to stick their own lenses in and get similar views.

That's all, Folks!

Exit whistling a tune that only cantankerous old gits will remember.....

Les

• Like 2

Looking good - looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.

If I may offer one tiny suggestion though ... the font used on that 'Hodkin and Sons' signage looks way too modern for the era of the layout.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree.  I'll have a word with Alf, though Trevor may have done the sign.

Les

• 1 month later...

Hello again.

the layout is now set up as stand 47 in the North marquee of the Great Central Railway's big model railway show.  We are on the West wall with our back to the trains.

Please come and say hello. I'm not there on Saturday but Geoff and Jim will be more than willing to chin wag.

We're running without the overhead lighting because a) it is bright enough to do without and b) it wouldn't assemble without a distinct sag in the middle.

See some of you Friday and Sunday

Les

Second of two vids I took on Friday at Quorn.

This one is a view of the layout starting at the town end finishing with my UM J39/3 tanking it Southbound on a fitted freight.  Running a little fast even for a late running Eastern Region fitted freight.

First one of the two vids shows my new Farish 4MTT (the fourth one, the one at last that runs straight....) slowing for Rise Park Station on the Annesley Dido (or our best offer so far).

The class 47 was running in and awaiting its return round the back.

Back to the sauna tomorrow.

Les

• Like 1