Ideas for Dave and his team.....

mark alden

• RMweb Gold

A Manning Wardle in any scale, and the forthcoming O gauge Terrier in plain black for all those light railway shunting planks which are likely to appear in 7mm in the next year or two.

How about bypassing the competition altogether and going for the right sort of Manning Wardle in O-16.5.......

John

• RMweb Gold

Please consider offering the Maunsell N scale coaches in sets, numbered accordingly. An authentic rake needs 3 cars minimum and it would ensure a complete set could be purchased at once. You know it makes marketing sense....;O))) 

Oh, and any news on the 33s please?

Gerry

Numbered sets would be an excellent idea, sadly underexploited (so far) by Hornby in OO but 3-sets weren't the minimum, there were quite a few 2-sets made up of BSK+BCK and BCK+SO.

John

I can't see Bachmann or Hornby [in their current state] producing an Adams Radial anytime soon, but I know a few people who'd like them.

'Course you could do them in 4mm, 'N', and even 'O'..................... But then I'd have to make 3 layouts........................... :mail:

• 3 weeks later...

With the HJ Warship announcement, will there, perhaps, be a space in the stretching machine or the 7mm queue for an 0 Gauge Class 22?  After all, you've made it so nicely in N and 00, so the research, drawings, measurements etc are already known to you - and you've see how popular they are!

Small is beautiful if I'm being tempted into 0 Gauge - haven't possibly got time, room or cash to do a double-track mainline!

Richard 

Seconded Orcadian!

Yes a class 22 is ideal for the (many) planned 7mm layouts- with the class 08 forthcoming as well, to give the

market a lift. Small locos would be better, the 22 in particular is very short engine, slightly shorter than a 20.

Besides I will then have an excuse for building that Forest of Dean layout that has been in my head for 3 years

rather than wishlisting a specific model , if I could offer a suggestion , namely that Dapol look at providing one or two suitable vehicles to suit locomotive releases (if applicable), in effect aiming for the "complete train" concept.

For example, the upcoming class 59 will have little or nothing to haul with the exception of PGA hoppers. So in that case , perhaps a model of a Yeoman hopper , or a Mendip Rail box wagon where the only real difference is inner or outer wagons (with or without buffers). Perhaps even sell the loco plus wagons as a bookcase set.

Obviously , where duplication occurs such as a HAA wagon to accompany the class 58 , this would not really be necessary , but for the sake of tooling one vehicle it could add extra sales.

Some more of the N Gauge panniers with the later style (8750) cab roofs would be useful in plain black British Railways liveries with early and late British Railways crests.  As far as I can tell only one version of these has been produced so far, and they are not available for sale anywhere.   This was a very common livery and many people model the early 1960s diesel transition period when these liveries were what was seen.

rather than wishlisting a specific model , if I could offer a suggestion , namely that Dapol look at providing one or two suitable vehicles to suit locomotive releases (if applicable), in effect aiming for the "complete train" concept.

couldn't agree more, so bearing in mind that Dapol has an 86 in it's product portfolio and the release of the 52 soon and eventually the 50 was there ever a better time to release MK2B/Cs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Graham Farish already produce those in GBRf livery.

But I don't think they're scaled up to OO. that said, with Bachmann doing the HHA/HTA, and Farish the HIA I'd say that's a pretty unlikely Dapol offering!

Would'nt work.

it would get eaten the first show we got it out of its box.. too many operators who like chocolate :no:

Yeah, but think of the eBay prices if you didn't take it out of the box :D They'd skyrocket as the loco got rarer :D

Mwahahaha. I'm a genius :)

But seriously, I'd probably buy any industrial loco that Dapol made

Archived