Made by Magic: The Hogwarts Railway

cgraham

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Just had another show this past weekend at the Maryland State Fairgrounds. The modular layout was enormous. Here are a couple of shots of my modules from the show - notice that the exhibit hall lights have been upgraded to bright, white light.

20151025_125442_resized_zpsmrlvoxxf.jpg

20151025_130628_resized_zpsyimpzesz.jpg

20151025_125415_resized_zpsyld9xyol.jpg

Edited by cgraham
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't posted in a while, been working on other modules with different themes. This one has an under-the-layout pair of parabolic mirrors that cause a 3-D image of a demonic figure to appear when viewed within certain angles:

gallery_17931_4497_1875627.jpg

gallery_17931_4497_4896558.jpg

gallery_17931_4497_809218.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't posted in a while, been working on other modules with different themes. This one has an under-the-layout pair of parabolic mirrors that cause a 3-D image of a demonic figure to appear when viewed within certain angles:

gallery_17931_4497_1875627.jpg

gallery_17931_4497_4896558.jpg

gallery_17931_4497_809218.jpg

clever idea

• 5 months later...

Thanks, Jaz!

I will be showing again the last weekend of the month at the Maryland State Fairgrounds - bringing all my modules - the HP castle, Hogsmeade station, Key Biscayne and my Portal to Hell module. Will take lots of photos and post.

www.gsmts.com

-Clay

• 2 years later...
On 25/11/2013 at 06:29, cgraham said:

Thank you, Jaz.

I think that some members of the U.S. National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) (particularly older, professionally retired members) believe that model railroads are primarily a medium through which one has a moral obligation to capture and preserve historical scenes depicting both railroad supporting and supported infrastructure. For some subscribers to that code, one’s work is evaluated on how effectively one performs that sacred duty. I saw rapt admiration in judges’ eyes as they noted what they deemed to be correct representation of dull and uninteresting scenes of defunct industry. I noted looks of disdain in the same judges’ eyes for what they saw as fanciful abominations that do nothing to support, but only detract from the pure faith. 

That’s OK by me. I'm not motivated by a need to preserve railway/railroad history.  I'm motivated to create a miniature scene that compels the viewer to wish it real with a desire to enter and become a part of it.

post2.jpg

nmrashow3sm_zps7fa031c4.jpg

nmrashow17smlowcrisp_zpsf3699ac8.jpg

On 25/11/2013 at 06:29, cgraham said:

Thank you, Jaz.

I think that some members of the U.S. National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) (particularly older, professionally retired members) believe that model railroads are primarily a medium through which one has a moral obligation to capture and preserve historical scenes depicting both railroad supporting and supported infrastructure. For some subscribers to that code, one’s work is evaluated on how effectively one performs that sacred duty. I saw rapt admiration in judges’ eyes as they noted what they deemed to be correct representation of dull and uninteresting scenes of defunct industry. I noted looks of disdain in the same judges’ eyes for what they saw as fanciful abominations that do nothing to support, but only detract from the pure faith. 

That’s OK by me. I'm not motivated by a need to preserve railway/railroad history.  I'm motivated to create a miniature scene that compels the viewer to wish it real with a desire to enter and become a part of it.

post2.jpg

nmrashow3sm_zps7fa031c4.jpg

nmrashow17smlowcrisp_zpsf3699ac8.jpg

I am trying to build the Hogsmeade station on my 5’x 9’ island style layout. I have a question. Where did you find the rock walls on either side of the waiting room and around foot bridge and on either side of platform shelter and used on platform with station? If you had to make the stone walls what did you buy to make them and where from? 
Also the covered coal shed does it have the coal shoots under it or did you cut them off? Final question. Where did you find the Hogsmeade sign on the side of the coal shed or did you have to make it, and what did you use to make it? Thanks!

Respond to my Questions as soon as you can. Thanks again!  You have a great talent. Your Hogsmeade station looks very good. Roy Brownson Jr

Edited by Roybrownson
Removed my Email address from my post