LNER GRAIN WAGON

DOCJACOB

• RMweb Gold

Well Doc, sorry to say, but you've gone right down in my estimation, your picture selection has gone somewhat awry, an absolutely fantastic thread with brilliant pictures of close ups of the nether regions of wagons, then you tantalise us with the mention of other types of models with suede boots and nether regions and fail to produce proof!

I suppose we'll have to survive on the wagons from now on.

Mike.

Managed a few hours at the W/E

Firstly all 4 corners are back on. We did have 4 oak pieces but 2 went AWOL and this meant the newer ones are 2 half pieces rather than 1 whole piece.

Couple from Bristol area wanted a guided tour so went and saw everything. First time I noticed faded signwriting on one of the unrestored grain vans at the farthest reaches of the site. though.

Later onto the roof and handing one of ply panels on my own wasn't that easy a job. Next plan is fibreglass when all the panels are fixed in place.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Finally managed a few hours playing. Fortunately the others had been beavering away.

A very large shunt means the restored TSO has escaped the shed and is in service.

Clan Fraser (another TSO in a worse state) has taken its place and the whole event is recorded on facebook I believe

Furry helper was in attendance but most of his spent time AWOL and exploring.

Alan has fabricated a replacement running board and the other was removed for a bit of TLC and a paint .

Roof fully boarded.

Updates will be thin on ground at present as having to do my real job to pay the mortgage/ cover holidays etc  

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Cant believe so long since penned something. I've been rather busy with work and then a rather good holiday in USA have meant I've been sidetracked. 

Anyway others have been busy so all isn't lost. The roof is now fibreglassed and awaiting a final coat of white. I gather it didn't dry very quickly due to the colder weather. 

Santa trains running today so instead helped the coach chaps with the TSO Clan Fraser. Firstly chipped out some filler in anticipation of welding work and later we teamed up for some plumbing work on the hot water tanks in two toilets. The fittings were a beautiful example of galvanic corrosion but nothing lateral thinking, brute force and generous heating couldn't sort! 

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Edited by DOCJACOB
spelling
  • Like 2