Liverpool, April 27th 28th 2013

Michael Delamar

The next exhibition for the Liverpool Model Railway Society sees us once again at Old Christ Church.The Exhibition will be held on 27th and 28th April 2013 and will be located at Old Christ Church

Old Christ Church,
Waterloo Road,
Waterloo,
Liverpool,
L22 1RE

Opening Times

Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 10am - 4:30pm

details on Liverpool model railway website and below..

http://www.lmrs.org.uk/Exhibition/Location.html

Layouts attending include and some should be familiar to RMWeb readers.

Widnes Vine yard, 00.  Wirral finescale railway modellers.

post-27-0-26427100-1358105492.jpg

pic courtesy WFRM

Dolgellau, 00, Liverpool model railway society

post-27-0-50641400-1358105539.jpg

New Hey, EM, Andy Cooper.

post-27-0-10888800-1358105570.jpg

pic courtesy Andy York

Appledore     OO Gauge

A J Construction   OO Gauge

Coed Helen     N Gauge

Furka Oberalp    HOm Gauge

G-Wizz            G scale

Happy Valley     OO Gauge

Iron Street Mills   EM Gauge

Iron Flats           N Gauge

Llugwy Valley   5.5mm Scale

Stockport (Tivot Dale)   2mm Scale

Toms Sidings   OO Gauge

plus other layouts still to be added. if any exhibitors have a photo of their layout please feel free to add one.

we have a selection of "show you how" demonstrators

Traders include.

D & E Videos.  D C Kits.

Finishing Touches

Hoyles Model Railways

K & M Models.   Mad about Trains

Model Depot

Model Roads & Tramways

Penketh Models

S.M.T.F.

Todmorden Models

Trackside Signs

Vintage Prints

World of Motion

Top Liverpool real ale pub The ship and Mitre will be attending again with their bar and selection of cask ales and ciders.

we also have our own catering stand serving tea, coffee, cakes etc.

Last year was our first time at the venue and it was very succesful, however we have learnt from lessons and have brought in improvements such as additional toilet facilites and also heating. last year was cold, not helped by the weather which blowed a gale for both days but we have negotiated with the venue holders to solve this and the heating will be on! the church is a beautiful venue and hope to see you there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah ha! Been waiting for notice of this. I missed it back in January, but now I know when it is, I'll be sure to wander down there. This year I'll walk, though: last year I was running late and had to drive down, which impacted on my ability to hit the Ship & Mitre bar.

we have learnt from lessons and have brought in improvements such as additional toilet facilites and also heating. last year was cold, not helped by the weather which blowed a gale for both days but we have negotiated with the venue holders to solve this and the heating will be on! the church is a beautiful venue and hope to see you there.

It had better be one hell of a heater. The weather this year's been a lot colder than last!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will be on one of our junior members layouts A J Construction over the weekend (when im not at the real ale bar or looking at other layouts)

its been a bit of a dash to get it ready, a small layout and his first, it looked ready, but over the last few weeks he's only gone and told us that certain things like wiring and point rodding where not finished so Ive been helping him get it ready.

• RMweb Gold

Will be attending,have good catch up with Tim and the fine scale guys.... :sungum:  :locomotive:

I won't be there which is really annoying as I wanted to photograph one of the layouts for a blog article I'm writing. This is to keep the expenses down for the Liverpool guys, my round trip would cost more than all the other journeys put together so sadly we have made the decision that it's cheaper for me not to attend (due to other pressures I don't have the money to fund it myself at the moment either). I'm sure the boys will let you have a go if you ask nicely.

I won't be there which is really annoying as I wanted to photograph one of the layouts for a blog article I'm writing. This is to keep the expenses down for the Liverpool guys, my round trip would cost more than all the other journeys put together so sadly we have made the decision that it's cheaper for me not to attend (due to other pressures I don't have the money to fund it myself at the moment either). I'm sure the boys will let you have a go if you ask nicely.

He's already on the team so doesn't have the choice!

Speaking of which, how is the recuperation progressing?

He`s as "fit as a butcher`s"........and what amazing fortitude he`s demonstrated since that day; although I still do have to take care on his behalf for a week or two yet.

That`s him on the left......

My Musketeers: "Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

I am truly-blessed to have them! :angel:

What's the parking like, just checked the train times/prices, ouch.

parking is on the grass in the church grounds, we will have parking attendents directing and keeping an eye on things, and there is also ample parking on the roads outside, they are long wide roads and quiet.

post-27-0-66964500-1366759860_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-61604300-1366759920_thumb.jpg

Archived