Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

D2227 ambling along with a couple of 5-planks.

attachicon.gifWB 315.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 319.jpg

Excellent work beautifully observed. I particularly like the partly applied brakes on the 2nd wagon. The subtle rust and stained wood is very well done.

The only thing which says model to me is the ‘broken’ link on the coupling and I mention it purely as constructive criticism. A touch of solder or smear of epoxy will soon sort it.

Ian.

• Like 1

Just an everyday railway scene in the 1980s as diminutive McSulzer 26015 clatters along the 'Prize Length' at Braeside ...

attachicon.gif26015-02--braeside.jpg

Nice photo, I notice the PRIZE LENGTH sign, how did you do that with the Letter's or is there a company/Modeller that makes them to order, as there is no backing behind the letters, you just have the LETTER's in the sign along with just the Frame Surround, which make it look really smart.

Regards

Jamie

Nice photo, I notice the PRIZE LENGTH sign, how did you do that with the Letter's or is there a company/Modeller that makes them to order, as there is no backing behind the letters, you just have the LETTER's in the sign along with just the Frame Surround, which make it look really smart.

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie - now that's a question! The sign is a survivor from a model railway that my father and I built in the late 1970s - early 1980s. I assume it was a moulding from that era but might have been made from Slaters plastic letters which are still available: https://slatersplastikard.com/plastikard/alphabets.php