Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Aureol takes a rest as the light fades

attachicon.gifIMG_20180731_182459.jpg

Great atmosphere on all your shots, really lovely model making. It's a shame the Bachmann Class 40 windows suffer a bit from 'chunky window frames' syndrome and are always a bit of a giveaway (although nothing like as hideous as the old Lima/Hornby moulding).  Those Shawplan etched window surrounds still provide a neat solution if you ever wanted to hack them about.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Can you expand on 'til backscene' I'm always interested in other views of what I've done. And hopefully I can improve on it.

Thanks

Sorry I was thinking in Danish, and writing in a mixture of Danish and English. What I was trying to say is that I love the way the printed background flows into the 3D modelling. You have done a good job that fools the eye. Because when going back at looking at the photo again I realise that there are things that don't make logical sense. For example that the bridge ( complete with the obligatory bus) is actually a bridge to no where. But this does not matter because the whole thing still looks real. I assume that is covering the entrance to a fiddle yard, which makes it more impressive as the continuous scene is actually going round a 90 corner as well. Can I ask at what point did you choose the picture for the background, was it before you did the modelling? I am just starting a ( for me) major project and was planning to take a lot of panorama pictures on the sommerset area which is where I am modelling. But I'm beginning to wonder if I should start with getting the background done first and the modelling up to/in it. rather than plonking down a lot of buildings and hills and then trying to match a photo to them.

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 2