Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

It's a 7mm scale A4 in garter blue by Tony Reynalds, a true master of the art.

Have I misunderstood the spirit of this thread?

I thought it was for your, i.e. one's own, modelling?

Or at least where one has had some input to creating a bigger cameo/scene?

Edited by leopardml2341

Have I misunderstood the spirit of this thread?

I thought it was for your, i.e. one's own, modelling?

Or at least where one has had some input to creating a bigger cameo/scene?

This is an old one just changed to sepia.

Not perfect by any means but I'll own the blurry station and wobbly signwriting!

And everything else as well...

By the way Andy, I noticed there were no model photos at all in your gallery, so why don't you take some of your diorama/layout pictures and put them up here?

I'm sure everybody is waiting to see what you have been up to lately model wise.

Looking forward to some photo realism in your next post then, don't leave it too long. 

post-21244-0-65391100-1540180047_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

By the way Andy, I noticed there were no model photos at all in your gallery, so why don't you take some of your diorama/layout pictures and put them up here?

I'm sure everybody is waiting to see what you have been up to lately model wise.

Looking forward to some photo realism in your next post then, don't leave it too long.

Because, as I said, I thought (and I've admitted maybe mistakenly) that the topic was for one's own modelling.

I have recently acquired a layout second hand but I don't think it's in the spirit of the thread title to suggest the work is mine, so I won't be posting pics of it anytime soon.

Think of this what you will, but I'm not going to rise to the bait :no: as my questions were asked without malice.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Because, as I said, I thought (and I've admitted maybe mistakenly) that the topic was for one's own modelling.

I have recently acquired a layout second hand but I don't think it's in the spirit of the thread title to suggest the work is mine, so I won't be posting pics of it anytime soon.

Think of this what you will, but I'm not going to rise to the bait :no: as my questions were asked without malice.

Not wishing at all to bait you, Andy, but I see no reason you can't contribute if you want with locos, stock, or buildings on your second hand layout that you've built or even if you've only worked them up a bit from out of the box condition, or scenery that you might have added.  If it makes a good photo and is not heavily post edited (such as sepia toned; my view is that there should be another thread for that), it is of interest on this thread IMHO; I've even posted some of my own miserable attempts!  

I am not comfortable with the idea that you might be put off doing so by someone's comments.  Leave it as long as you like, mate, we'll be interested and most of us will be supportive!  One can always learn something from someone else's modelling that has been well photographed, whatever the standard of modelling is.  Of course, higher standard stuff than one's own is inspirational, but a photo of a train set may demonstrate ideas about sight lines, lighting, composition of scenes, and the use of colour that can, to quote Lord Reith, entertain, inform, and educate.  All modelling is good modelling as far as I'm concerned.

Even mine.