Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

bless you!   I laser cut them - in three parts - centre section body and head, and two wings. 

After glueing, they were dressed to 3D curves with a small needle file, Eachbird takes about 10 minutes plus painting.

• RMweb Gold

56 013 enters the Up loop at Charwelton on a gloomy Saturday afternoon with a Didcot bound MGR train.

attachicon.gifIMG_1108.JPG

Before I read your caption. I thought cold winter morning, hazy sun shining but not high enough in the sky for it to reach the train. Superb photo of a superb model.

Are those two Sealink-liveried coaches towards the back of the excursion rake?

Yes they are the Bachmann Sea-link MK1's. The intention is to have 3 more than the 2 pictured at the rear of the railtour rake making it load 11.

Here is one of the 2 completed coaches after weathering.

post-7305-0-06502200-1540757753_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Albert looking busy. 1907.

He's after promotion; then he can look busy with a clipboard in a dust jacket,  Albert I mean, not the clipboard, it'd just be daft it that wore a dust jacket.  He'll also need a pencil behind his ear.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A rake of air-con Mk 2s arrives empty stock behind 47406 RailRiders in Platform 16 at Edinburgh Waverley one misty winter's evening...

attachicon.gifMK 2f 9a.jpg

attachicon.gifMK 2f 1a.jpg

attachicon.gifMK 2f 1.jpg

'Neath the halo of a street lamp/I turned my collar to the cold and damp'; Simon and Garfunkel, Sound of Silence, 1965.

Magnificent!

• Like 3

Knocking off for the day!

One of the fork lift drivers heads for home on the Matchless 500, passing the now stationary 08 and the 1945 built pannier tank, in the little yard at New Prospect Lane.

This is a small diorama model built to explore the possibilities of radio control and battery operation, and as well as the locos, all the points, building, and overall lighting are controlled by radio. Power comes from various lithium polymer and Ni-mh batteries, and the model has an autonomy of about five hours before re-charging the lighting, much longer for the locos.

It isn't fine scale or anything, but I've tried to capture the rather run-down, grimey appearance of industrial railways in the 1950's, and the ability to infinitely vary the intensity of both the overall and building lighting makes this easier, although I've only just started playing at this!

post-28779-0-20770800-1541342577_thumb.jpg

Mike

• Like 9