Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

I think one of the most challenging liveries to make look 'real' in model form is the Southern's Malachite - anyone have any particularly stunning examples?

I'm just putting this here as a work in progress as it's far from stunning, but this is my Schools in Malachite, which I've been working on

over the summer. It's the Airfix kit on a Craftsman chassis, with the Malachite brush painted and lining done using LNER transfers

and black ink.

post-6720-0-21403500-1541501368_thumb.jpg

The twist in the tail is that a few days after taking this shot I managed to drop the model from 5 feet onto a hard wooden floor, leading to

almost total destruction of the cab. It's now being rebuilt!

• Like 10

Afternoon All Thanks indeed for your kind comments. I wish I could do lineside scenery and buildings as good as some of you guys.Any tips? Meanwhile here are a few more of my fav's.StevePICT0313-1.jpgPICT0273.jpgPICT0904.jpgPICT0895.jpgPICT0894.jpg7297-4.jpg

Hi Steve

Very nice models indeed.

An easy way to photograph your wonderful models if you do not have a layout is build a photo plank.

I have a tread on this in the Layout Topics section you can build one as small or a big as you want then either as I do photoshop in a scenic background or just put some blue card behind.

I have just recently put on this thread a few photos taken on the photo plank I built.

I thoroughly enjoyed building it as well, hope this is of help to you.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes
  • Like 10

Arbroath as a seaside town has a large population of seagulls.........

On the Station Bar in Keptie Street,

post-21954-0-09713100-1542559198_thumb.jpeg

And on the flats in Dishlandtown Street.

post-21954-0-38890900-1542559229_thumb.jpeg

Probably should be more guano, but there's just been a heavy shower of rain, so a lot of it has guone.

• Like 15