Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

When I attempted water colour painting following the excellent Alwyn Crawshaw series of books I quickly developed a bad habit. Following the project exercises I made quick progress and practiced techniques until I felt comfortable. But when I started to paint my own pictures I noticed I'd adopted a style which meant I was painting a painting - rather than trying to create realism itself. This started to carry over into my model making too and can happen when I lack the confidence to attempt to replicate "life" and instead model models as it were.

With paintings of course, artistic licence and developing one's own style is to be encouraged (look at impressionism for example). But with the railway hobby I can't be as maverick as that can I?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Here I've gone the other way.

By blurring foreground and background it makes a real life view appear surprisingly model - like?

https://flic.kr/p/2cmcAQ1

Hi,

There's a thread for real things looking like a model here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55259-when-the-real-thing-looks-like-a-model/page-30

Rob

• Like 1

A Manning Wardle Class H. Believed to have been on hire to contractor Xuperias Gittins & Co. whilst constructing the line from the GWR to Hughes Navigation Colliery, at Nant-Y-Mynydd, South Wales.

post-494-0-31550500-1544369688.jpg

• Like 17

Which one is my great great grandfather then?

Actually you have spelled it incorrectly.  It should be 'Exuperius', the word meaning, from the Latin, to greatly excel, which should be appilied to your modelling capabilities.  Its use as a name possibly relates back to an Exuperius who was Bishop of Toulouse in the early 5th century.

Ain't Google wonderful........................... :sungum: