Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

When I was a lad the milk was delivered by a milkman with a horse and float. There was extreme competition between neighbours on the local council estate to get out with a spade and bucket and nab the steaming freshly produced piles.  Some people didn't speak for months if they lost the race to another neighbour.

Same here, there were plenty of grumbles when the horse drawn float was replaced by an electric one.

A Steam heating van sits in the headshunt awaiting it's next heating job at Parsons Vale carriage siding. The model is a Parkside chassis with scratchbuilt body using bits of Bachmann MK1 BSK.

attachicon.gifDSCN3268.JPG

Not an often modelled van I imagine! I remember the Finsbury Park van on heating duties at Kings Cross (possibly when the platform heating system was being maintained).

I understand it was affectionately know as 'Dobbin' .. was it possibly adapted from a horse box?

Here it is hiding to the right of a 31 on the blocks at Kings Cross ...

post-26609-0-05469700-1547588021_thumb.jpg

And another (rather poor quality image) from platform 5, looking back at 'Dobbin'

post-26609-0-49602700-1547590578_thumb.jpg

Edited by brylonscamel
  • Like 7

Thats extremely kind!  

I made an embossing tool, which I also sell as an unmade etch now, which embosses about 8 and a half in a row, and you just move it along ond do more......

These are in Modelling clay, though its fine in Daz, and also workd nicely in foam board and similar.

they were then painted, and then ash and a little sieved soil brushed into the cracks, and fixed with dilute PVA

This is 7mm of course.

Embossed cobbles in Celotex foam as a test

34784796514_71c148eaef_c.jpg

IMG_3196 by giles favell, on Flickr

Embossing tool. Different side will fit between rails.

35495847751_dfe34323d0_c.jpg

IMG_1295 by giles favell, on Flickr

This is some of the tramway track, still with a bit of finishing to do

35495707831_cd99d17152_c.jpg

IMG_3301 by giles favell, on Flickr

Edited by Giles
  • Like 11

Not an often modelled van I imagine! I remember the Finsbury Park van on heating duties at Kings Cross (possibly when the platform heating system was being maintained).

I understand it was affectionately know as 'Dobbin' .. was it possibly adapted from a horse box?

Here it is hiding to the right of a 31 on the blocks at Kings Cross ...

15131969935_42771286cb_h.jpg

And another (rather poor quality image) from platform 5, looking back at 'Dobbin'

14996126199_eb08d8be78_k.jpg

Hi, thanks for sharing. The Finsbury park one was a slightly different variant, my model is based on one of the ones built by the southern region on old 20t wagon chassis. There is a thread on here about them, will find the link when I am not on the mobile version of the site.

• Like 2

Hi, thanks for sharing. The Finsbury park one was a slightly different variant, my model is based on one of the ones built by the southern region on old 20t wagon chassis. There is a thread on here about them, will find the link when I am not on the mobile version of the site.

Cheers Rob - always happy to read about these sort of curiosities!

• Like 1