Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Alister_G said:

You may consider this cheating, but no photoshoppery was used for this image:

ladmanlow823.jpg.46c8d19e7bf7f2e74022ce2b97446777.jpg

It's simply a matter of taking the layout to the scenery...

ladmanlow824.jpg.ed772cd9beafda41849fd07e8010ba5e.jpg

Al.

Great image, Al. 

Rob

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

Nope.

Ya seen the front & rear covers of "Transition".

P

A cracking book, also photographers like Ben Ashworth, Mike Essau, John Spencer-Gills and others were taking far more interesting images than the Eric Treacy platform 3/4 into the sun shots. It’s good to see those more interesting images getting decent coverage. 

I wrote short reviews of ‘Transition’ and ‘Essential Witness’ (a US book) here Essential Witness/Transition  neither of them are cheap, but true quality rarely is.

Edited by PMP
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, PMP said:

neither of them are cheap

Believe you me; thirty quid is cheap for the quality of images in Transition.

I was paying well over double & beyond that over a quarter of a century ago, for photographic books by the likes of Maplethorpe, Bailey, Erwitt and their ilk.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, PMP said:

A cracking book, also photographers like Ben Ashworth, Mike Essau, John Spencer-Gills and others were taking far more interesting images than the Eric Treacy platform 3/4 into the sun shots. It’s good to see those more interesting images getting decent coverage. 

I wrote short reviews of ‘Transition’ and ‘Essential Witness’ (a US book) here Essential Witness/Transition  neither of them are cheap, but true quality rarely is.

I've just received my signed copy of "Transition", a delayed Christmas/early Birthday present, today.  Another and probably the last, masterpiece from Mr Gifford.  Between us Dad and I have his full set and I can't find a weak image in any of them. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

At the moment, yes.

Everything started out clean at one point in time :). Great modeling. Is the building in the background a backscene photo or a 3d modelled building? Either way it makes a perfect backdrop. I just couldn't work it out from the photo and had to ask out of interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Everything started out clean at one point in time :). Great modeling. Is the building in the background a backscene photo or a 3d modelled building? Either way it makes a perfect backdrop. I just couldn't work it out from the photo and had to ask out of interest.

It's a 3-D model - see the link to Tinner's Forge below :)

• Like 1

On 28/08/2019 at 14:31, Duncan. said:

An intruder at Shirebrook Depot!

Spotted hiding away at the back of the depot next to the water tower a Southern Region Class 33 was photographed recently at  Shirebrook. If you have any further information please contact the relevant Eastern region operating department!

This un-retouched photograph was taken on my N gauge layout. The loco is a weathered and renumbered Dapol model, the water tower I scratch built from  a nickel silver etch, laddering platform and tank (from my own artwork) the tower itself being made from plastic sections.

Cheers

Duncan 

48627879898_02a75a39dc_o.jpg

I'm impressed with the trees in 2mm..well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1