Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

5 hours ago, vitalspark said:

Posted a few comparison pics on the Exhibitions page as Alloa due to be at the SEC in Glasgow in a couple of weeks .

Possibly already listed some of these but as they are to hand.

Scan-125.jpg

DSC03620.jpg

Hi vitalspark

Very Nice and in 0-Gauge is it...!?!

If that's is 0-Gauge, when length is the layout, it as to be at least 3 foot to the bridge then... wow

Regards

Jamie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7APT7 said:

Hi vitalspark

Very Nice and in 0-Gauge is it...!?!

If that's is 0-Gauge, when length is the layout, it as to be at least 3 foot to the bridge then... wow

Regards

Jamie

Well, we have been asked once whether it was P4 and several times if it is EM but that is a first for O gauge, pleased to say it is good old OO!

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

7 minutes ago, ScRSG said:

Well, we have been asked once whether it was P4 and several times if it is EM but that is a first for O gauge, pleased to say it is good old OO!

Hi ScRSG

oh because I was going to say, the length of a layout just from what I could see in the Photos, would have to be like the size of Peter Waterman's layout in 0-Gauge, lol even so, still a great few photos.  Am I write in saying the track work as been made to... just the cross over angle and the approach to and from it ain't your normal by standard purchase I thought. but very nice indeed, even better if it is...Quality

Regards

Jamie

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vitalspark said:

Posted a few comparison pics on the Exhibitions page as Alloa due to be at the SEC in Glasgow in a couple of weeks .

Possibly already listed some of these but as they are to hand.

Scan-125.jpg

Sigh... modelling 101... don't you know that the bus/van is never just "on the bridge" when the train goes by ;)

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Nova Scotian said:

Sigh... modelling 101... don't you know that the bus/van is never just "on the bridge" when the train goes by ;)

In this case yes it is as the BR  Morris van is parked in the station yard just as the original pic.

We do have a bus on the bridge though at the other end and very nice it is too with slight weathering and a slightly sloping platform!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7APT7 said:

oh because I was going to say, the length of a layout just from what I could see in the Photos, would have to be like the size of Peter Waterman's layout in 0-Gauge, lol even so, still a great few photos.  Am I write in saying the track work as been made to... just the cross over angle and the approach to and from it ain't your normal by standard purchase I thought. but very nice indeed, even better if it is...Quality

Regards

Jamie

Thank you for your kind comments Jamie.

The layout is 34ft long and operates on a continuous run with end on fiddles feeding trains to the front on both the mainline and branch.

There is pretty well always something moving which of course is totally unprototypical..but the public pay their money to see trains moving not static exhibits.

Everything on the layout is accurate for the location and period and run at scale speeds with many of the locos by necessity being kit built like the WD 2-10-0s and many NB and Caley 0-6-0s.

Diesels are represented mainly by the DMUs and railbuses that operated on this line from early 60s although the odd Clayton makes an appearance plus a Metrovick Co-Bo on a filling in turn on minerals.

The track is SMP with all pointwork hand built as again it needs to be to accurately follow the actual trackplan.

All signals are accurate and built from photographs and all operate and are used throughout the running.

When we were at Warley we received the Signalling Society award for best and most accurately signalled layout..a great surprise to all of us.

As said we have often been asked if its EM which is indeed a compliment although unlike ScRSG I have never heard of someone confusing it with P4..the track is nowhere near that standard although for a large fairly complex layout that has to be reliable on the exhibition circuit that would be a step too far I'm sure.

I attach a pic of the layout at NEC at Warley on the evening before the show opened.

It was a great weekend and topped off with Alloa awarded best visiting layout with Pete W doing the honours.

Thanks again.

Dave.

IMG_2780.jpg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, vitalspark said:

In this case yes it is as the BR  Morris van is parked in the station yard just as the original pic.

We do have a bus on the bridge though at the other end and very nice it is too with slight weathering and a slightly sloping platform!

I hope my humour in my original post was conveyed. Your modelling is excellent and I was laughing because the van is in the original photo - despite the "criticisms" whenever someone models a vehicle on a bridge. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And now the Sun has come out, I do wish this weather would make it's bloomin mind up.

UDSCF4424.JPG.c4b1ac9c4c19235f65422cded4b95f36.JPG

Hi Andy,

Great photos and weathering is superb, loving those wagon to mate, nicely done and hope all is well... 

Regards

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 7APT7 said:

Hi Andy,

Great photos and weathering is superb, loving those wagon to mate, nicely done and hope all is well... 

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie, Thanks, I'm good now thanks.

I did hope to see you at the Hazel Grove Show, but I'll be at Derby all being well, probably on the Saturday this year.

I hope your keeping well, as well.

• Like 1