Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

37 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Jamie, Thanks, I'm good now thanks.

I did hope to see you at the Hazel Grove Show, but I'll be at Derby all being well, probably on the Saturday this year.

I hope your keeping well, as well.

Hi Andy

I was there all day would you believe it, chatting to Paul, had several tea out the front from the van, and did speak to one stand and I said is AndyP here, they said yes he operating round the front which I had already passed the guy so I knew it wasn't you lol that was the only AndyP I found and he was far to younger (oops... my keyboard just slipped haha) and he had dark hair... that was in the Main Large Hall on the far Left as you walked in... I did look, but carried away chatting to Paul to...

Maybe be next time hey... no, I'm not going to Derby... sadly

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, 7APT7 said:

Hi Andy

I was there all day would you believe it, chatting to Paul, had several tea out the front from the van, and did speak to one stand and I said is AndyP here, they said yes he operating round the front which I had already passed the guy so I knew it wasn't you lol that was the only AndyP I found and he was far to younger (oops... my keyboard just slipped haha) and he had dark hair... that was in the Main Large Hall on the far Left as you walked in... I did look, but carried away chatting to Paul to...

Maybe be next time hey... no, I'm not going to Derby... sadly

Regards

Jamie

I spent a lot of time with Martin / Gismorail on here from Carrog with his Chester Northgate Layout, plus drinking coffee, haha.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, vitalspark said:

Thank you for your kind comments Jamie.

The layout is 34ft long and operates on a continuous run with end on fiddles feeding trains to the front on both the mainline and branch.

19 hours ago, vitalspark said:

The track is SMP with all pointwork hand built as again it needs to be to accurately follow the actual trackplan.

Hi Dave aka vitalspark

34 Ft is a great length that would suit me that would, but sadly 14 ft would be in the outside 24/7 and that cant be a good thing as I'm in North Wales and we had a touch of snow this morning for 1 house but with the storms being mainly rain through the night its all gone now.

And Yes SMP Track I though it was the second I looked at it, I have a trained eye for that now, but all point-work hand built to, Blimey.... Hats of to you and along with possibly failing eye-site to see what you are doing lol

I struggle now and that just writing my name ahah

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I spent a lot of time with Martin / Gismorail on here from Carrog with his Chester Northgate Layout, plus drinking coffee, haha.

I knew they weren't referring to you the right AndyP as they were questioning his surname as to whether it was P,  I ever said Andy Peters they said we only call him Andy, and when they said he's operating round the front, I was thinking well I'm sure you only control the layout from behind, so I knew straight away... every who knows AndyP if you are questioning the P you obviously don't know AndyP or its not the Andy I'm looking for, as they is only One AndyP... ANDYP hahah

Sorry I missed you AndyP.... but we will keep in touch buddy.

Regards

Jamie  

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

I hope my humour in my original post was conveyed. Your modelling is excellent and I was laughing because the van is in the original photo - despite the "criticisms" whenever someone models a vehicle on a bridge. 

It was indeed NS and appreciated.

Yes the old 'bus on a bridge' thing seems impossible to resist by many although I have to admit if there is a nice bus to be displayed theres only one place for it!

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Waverley West said:

For anyone looking to weather a Class 122, here are some reference photos of the prototype...

1458394419_1228.jpg.1922f68d57d9c7cad1835fc63741309c.jpg2040936335_1226.jpg.6fd12b207923ab6017bdfa63c662be9f.jpg

Hi Dave

Absolutely superb attention to detail mate, I wouldn't expect anything less from you Dave....

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1