Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

On 23/02/2020 at 10:09, great northern said:

Here is an A4 in close up at Peterborough North. The title for this should really be " How realistic are models that have been weathered by Tim Easter?"

2903049_33.jpg.28f2eaaf7460edbbe2a3e1e2c16868fe.jpg

I know it's about the locomotive, but has the background been photoshopped, or were there a load of starlings on the telegraph poles - which have no wires incidentally.....

Just observations :)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 4
  • Funny 3

18 minutes ago, mezzoman253 said:

Those are not starlings, they're "pots" , ceramic insulators on the arms.

Rob

Yes, I realise that  Rob :)

But 'around' the telegraph poles there are lots of black 'dots', at least at the resolution I'm looking at it, which look like birds that have just flown away :D (or photoshop noise?) :D

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

See what you mean; I'd expect starlings to show less affinity for the silhouetted edges than these dots.

The pots are the famous insulators that bilingual stones must not be thrown at on the Festiniog (period spelling) Railway.  There's not much to do in the evenings in that part of the world. especially if you haven't got a girlfriend...

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Philou said:

@gwrrob If the picture was taken in the winter of '47, shouldn't 5551 be shoulders deep in snow. I understand it was one of the worst winters evarrr!! ;)

(Nice picture though).

Cheers,

Philip

No one likes a smartarse....;)

Edited by gwrrob
info.
  • Funny 5

On 23/02/2020 at 05:09, great northern said:

Here is an A4 in close up at Peterborough North. The title for this should really be " How realistic are models that have been weathered by Tim Easter?"

2903049_33.jpg.28f2eaaf7460edbbe2a3e1e2c16868fe.jpg

:ok:  I legitimately thought that was a real A4 photo for a minute.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Yes, I realise that  Rob :)

But 'around' the telegraph poles there are lots of black 'dots', at least at the resolution I'm looking at it, which look like birds that have just flown away :D (or photoshop noise?) :D

It is photoshopped after a fashion, using a free programme, and even with that I only understand the basics. What will have happened is that I've thought that I've cleaned up all these small imperfections, and then decided at the last moment to darken the image a bit more. That is quite sufficient to get the starlings to appear, and once they are there I don't have a clue as to how to remove them. It can be slightly frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Philou said:

If the picture was taken in the winter of '47, shouldn't 5551 be shoulders deep in snow. I understand it was one of the worst winters evarrr!! ;)

(Nice picture though).

Cheers,

Philip

Not the worst winters evarrr!! 

That was Mike and Bernie....

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, KNP said:

'Hmm.... wonder what those three are talking about'