Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

Coaling stage on the South Bucks Light Railway. A 3’ gauge line in the Chilterns.

1CD8F48A-995C-4F50-A81F-8DD53A4B0E6B.jpeg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

IMG_0338.jpg.9a589c5d36df1ae969f9a5b66c841688.jpg

Cwmdimbath, 2 am.  Railway is asleep, but the night shifts on the Remploy industrial estate are in the canteens having their break on the 10-6 graveyard shift.  Some finished items have been put out on the loading platform for collection in the morning, but for now all is quiet bar the low hum of the estate's shared heating system pump.  Apart from more items placed on the platform out of the way, and the odd cigarette break (you're never alone with a Strand), the owls and mice have it all to themselves and there will be no action until 05.20, when the signal box switches in and the main line home clears for the Miner's workmans, which will have some passengers for the estate.  Maybe a bat will flit past, but don't hold your breath!

The silence is oppressive, all pervading, the air absolutely still, and the sky black and moonless.  I will rain in the morning.  The canteens are filled with light and noise, and cigarette smoke, but nothing happens here.  This is an action shot of nothing happening...

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

A Pannier dozes in the low evening sun at Bleat Wharf, Highbridge branch, S&DJR.

May 1960. 

An image by Norman Lockhart. 

20200511_201718-01-01.jpeg

I can feel the warmth of it on my cheeks, Rob.  Fine evening for a barbie, but we didn't in those days...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Ruston said:

nick.jpg.e7b17b70eb4c118acad14c372cc1ac2c.jpg

I find it seriously difficult to believe that this is a photo of a model at all.  The only giveaway as far as I can see is that the lorry doesn't have a tax disc, and if the camera angle was higher it would probably show it on top of the dashboard...

• Like 8
  • Agree 3

16 hours ago, Ruston said:

nick.jpg.e7b17b70eb4c118acad14c372cc1ac2c.jpg

If I’m not mistaken that chap in the foreground is Big Jim from the forum, is the figure from Modelu per chance? Very atmospheric image :good:

Jack.

• Like 4