Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

On 30/06/2020 at 11:17, Northmoor said:

The Allegro was indicative of everything wrong with BL in the 1970s.  Anyone who actually owned and drove one seemed to think they were actually quite good (like most BL products of the time), but then they were basically a re-bodied Austin 1300, which was an excellent car.  The Austin/Morris 1100/1300 was also the best selling car in Britain, but by evolving it into the Allegro, BL managed to reduce sales by two-thirds.  That really was quite an achievement but not one that anyone should be especially proud of.

Parent had "R" Registered Allegro 1800 HL (Orange Peel - Vinyl Roof) from a relation.

In 1982 I had driving lessons in it

Yes 1750cc  - Twin SU Carbs -  Brake Servos - you only appreciate some things when you find out later on in life.

(edit:) Apart from the rust :D

ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 2

Its in EM in the picture - but the layout was regauged to 00 last summer using Peco Bullhead finescale.  Many people who have seen it at exhibitions still think its in EM.  I fear I am getting just too old to mess about with regauging stock into EM - and now prefer more of my time playing trains. (AM)  

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Killybegs said:

Doesn't it make a difference when you can take something outside to photograph it.

It certainly does, especially if you can keep the washing on the line, the dog and Mrs W Station out of any shots All the best Adrian.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening falls on Farnham Common engine shed.  The 3 foot gauge South Bucks Light Railway.  Strangely the fitters are just working on an old rectangular tank wagon, now used as a weed killing sprayer.

79605CBC-26AE-45E7-9353-0DECD3C1A516.jpeg

Edited by Martino
Strange auto correct that threw in 3rd, instead of 3 ft!
  • Like 19