Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, D1047 said:

Can you fix it ?

I have seen plenty of Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol O4 shunters displayed in "Out of Use" scenarios, but not sure I've ever seen one in a scene as good as this.  The realistic painting of the wheels is noteworthy; the wheel centres have a coating of oily grime but the tyres, being bare metal have gone rusty - observation missed by quite a few "professional" weathering services who just splash dirt over everything. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, saxokid said:

Very foggy evening looking across at 37s on Colmore TMD ..

6E6052CC-DEA0-432E-BC1E-DE9BC97F5832.jpeg

Have you ever considered giving up smoking? :D.

• Funny 7

4 hours ago, The Johnster said:

(Pedant alert) That's a Coil, not a Pig Iron.  IIRC Pig Irons were 9' wheelbase and never fitted.

It looks like a Coil C to me. They were built as pig iron wagons. There is at least one in this group of photos that is painted brown/bauxite and appears to be piped, if not fitted.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brcoilc

Edited by Ruston
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 08/10/2020 at 09:06, Ruston said:

Very nice. Where did you get the pig iron wagon from?

Hi Ruston The coil body was an old Trix which was surprisingly accurate so l added various chassis parts from the Appleby range to model various fitted and unfitted examples l could find in pics l have collected.

• Like 2