Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Oxford Victorian terraced house, after modernisation

early model from me.

4mm scale.

3C3C7F83-29D2-4288-9386-63E424FA3FEB.jpeg

I have noticed that the Wills conservatory is a perfect fit to the side wall of the old Hornby Victorian semi-detached houses kit. Same for the Victorian shops kit which shares many of the same mouldings.

• Like 1

I did genuinely consider weathering it for the purpose!

Other inaccuracies include either an out of date rulebook or an out of date 'phone; The rulebook is correct up to 1961 and the 'phone is a GPO 746 introduced in 1967, although it looks similar to the 706 of 1958.

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I have noticed that the Wills conservatory is a perfect fit to the side wall of the old Hornby Victorian semi-detached houses kit. Same for the Victorian shops kit which shares many of the same mouldings.

Didn’t know that, this was a scratch build for a client, who owned the house in Oxford and wanted a model of it for in his office at work.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Oxford Victorian terraced house, after modernisation

early model from me.

4mm scale.

3C3C7F83-29D2-4288-9386-63E424FA3FEB.jpeg

5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

2 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Didn’t know that, this was a scratch build for a client, who owned the house in Oxford and wanted a model of it for in his office at work.

The Hornby kits are much underrated, its a pity that they're not made any more.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

And as for your location being 'The land of someone's fathers', Dylan Thomas was quoted as saying 'My fathers can bloody keep it'!

Oh I feel that's somewhat harsh! It's not that bad! :P

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, sem34090 said:

Oh I feel that's somewhat harsh! It's not that bad! :P

No, it’s not.  I’m proud of being Welsh, and Thomas said a lot of things for comic effect in pubs so people would buy him beer.  He also wrote (and what he wrote mattered much more to him than what he said) ‘to be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but a song in your heart’.  Sentimental rubbish, but he was proud of his Welshness, while not averse to capitalising on it on American tours.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 4