Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Alister_G said:

A bit of Ladmanlow in winter sunshine

ladmanlow1552f.jpg.3baa4bead2a434aa2cb2bac5f1badd4f.jpg

Al.

If this was a competition that would be the winner right there!

That definitely meets the realistic modelling criteria, it could so easily be mistaken for the real thing....it’s unbelievable to think that is an actual layout

Well done Sir :good:

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dan Evason said:

This is Little Burford a little commission I've just done, and my first attempt at 0 gauge.. 

PXL_20210123_151215997.jpg

PXL_20210123_153530921.jpg

Very nice Dan. I’m familiar with your work from Facebook. Welcome to the ‘senior scale’. You won’t regret it! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 02/03/2021 at 10:43, Dan Evason said:

This is Little Burford a little commission I've just done, and my first attempt at 0 gauge.. 

PXL_20210123_151215997.jpg

PXL_20210123_153530921.jpg

Is the layout being photographed out of doors? It's a fantastic effect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

It is inspiring stuff, but if you look at the shadows, the ones on the layout are a different direction to the one on the tree in the field in the backscene, which is therefore a backscene and the photo is not taken outside unless the whole caboodle has been taken outside for natural lighting, but the real background is not visible.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

It is inspiring stuff, but if you look at the shadows, the ones on the layout are a different direction to the one on the tree in the field in the backscene, which is therefore a backscene and the photo is not taken outside unless the whole caboodle has been taken outside for natural lighting, but the real background is not visible.

That’s the real background. The light falling on the model shows it’s been taken outside, as well as the depth of field in the first image. Excellent coloring on the model to stand up well to natural light exposure too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, PMP said:

97DD7CAC-935A-41EC-AEB6-DD8A999F0E48.jpeg.196c1ff5e9aed42731b9cec8f03c1584.jpeg

Some more ‘outdoor’ photography from shelfie2

strictly-come-dancing-show-sweet-montage-of-len-goodman-ts_-00_01_14_04-still031.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 10

8 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Is the layout being photographed out of doors? It's a fantastic effect.

Thank you very much for the kind words, yes it is, it's my back garden with the hills around me, in fact Bircher common to be precise.. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Dan Evason said:

Thank you very much for the kind words, yes it is, it's my back garden with the hills around me, in fact Bircher common to be precise.. 

You must be almost shouting distance from my Dad, who lives just outside Richards Castle.  We've had at least one walk around the hill and over Bircher Common.  I also know of another RMWebber who lives in Orleton.

• Like 2

On 27/02/2021 at 15:00, chuffinghell said:

If this was a competition that would be the winner right there!

That definitely meets the realistic modelling criteria, it could so easily be mistaken for the real thing....it’s unbelievable to think that is an actual layout

Well done Sir :good:

I admit, I was leafing through my RMWeb emails, saw this and thought it was the real thing, until I looked closer. Superb!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/03/2021 at 19:25, Dan Evason said:

One of my favourite areas of the country.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2021 at 15:53, The Johnster said:

PXL_20210123_151117347.jpg

• Like 19

On 03/03/2021 at 15:53, The Johnster said:

Yep it's all natural captured using my phone.. We have a south facing garden on a bank looking down into the fields below before the valley climbs on the distance.. No photo shop just straight of the camera.. 

Kind Regards Dan 

• Like 10