Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Colchester. Cambridge B1 on a return excursion to Clacton.

Plus a quick change number exercise to a Hornby D16, photo taken at Colchester with part of breakdown train just visible. 

original_5d552ece-da5c-40d6-b60a-1cf93c7cc81e_20201230_172622.jpg

original_18a137d1-3ef9-48e2-af0e-b6baf02112e9_20210523_150148.jpg

• Like 14

Trev Mann and me measured the Cokes in pouring rain in Woodhams yard. I'm not sure how it worked out that Trev did the measuring in the downpour whilst I sat in the luxury of the GWR 2-8-2T cab (huge) taking the measurements. 

Hornby  had photos to get the inside of the hopper correct so why they should make a mistake about the other features I have no idea.

Paul 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

That photo has "It's grim up north!!" written all over it!! :yes: :good:  ;)

Tha's reet there lad. I were born in a pit village ( there were still mines then ) in the West Riding, grew up in Liverpool, but spent all my summer holidays

as a youngster there. I left England in 1968 - not related to the end of steam- and my model was an old bloke's bit of nostalgia.

I knew nowt much about railways when I started it, so it's not particularly specific, just a run down freight shed on the edge of a mill town somewhere,

maybe an ex LMS branch line?

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1