Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

I hope no one objects to me applying a little bit of cheating here - These are the same as an earlier post I did of the Hornby NRM M7 0-4-4T in LSWR livery, but I have airbrushed some smoke effects in (using Paintshop Pro 8 ). It does add to the atmosphere but, unlike the earlier unedited post, I cannot reproduce this on demand if you come to see my layout!

HornbyLSWRM7NRM-2steameffects_zps12b9ccd

HornbyLSWRM7NRM-2steameffectssepia_zps51

Edited to remove an accidental smiley!

Edited by SRman
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

A few more pics from Canal Road.  The layout is now dismantled and being rebuilt in a more manageable form.

Always seems to be a busy day (at the office) at this station.

Derek

Andy,

Could we have a "really love" button please, this work is absolutely beautiful

Rgds......Mike

Not my modelling (I wish) but a photo taken at the end of the line on Southwark Bridge. I had a little play in cleaning up the photo to remove some wires and adding some smoke.(Which I think is cheating, but everyone else does it)
When the roof is finished it should look splendid.
post-4587-0-79186000-1421534631_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Reminds me of my days at Newcastle Uni living near Heaton TMD and watching them service HSTs and 91s at all hours in all weathers

Sounds a lot better then what I get up my way at Allerton depot, 142s,150s and 156s. Must of been good to see some interesting locos getting refurbished

NZR Class Db1180 on the no.28 shunt

Thanks for those.  Having been on the TranzAlpine when in NZ visiting The Long Haired Controller's family a couple of years back I was fascinated by Arthur's Pass station.  With the remains of some king of yard, a turntable, the bridge and river etc. it looked like a good plan for a layout.

I would be tempted to do it with all the old infrastructure still in place but the new buildings and running modern trains, just to make it look more interesting track-wise!