Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

In the photo, above, there is anther signal gantry in the left middle distance. This was the Hessle Haven up starters and was in fact less than a couple of hundred yards from the up signal bridge. This is the model which represents that installation. To make these models I first made very detailed drawings from various photographs of this place, almost all of which photos were supplied by my old mate Mick Nicholson, without whose amazing collection of photos, none of this could have been done.

Again, all of the lattice work, except the lattice posts, was scratchbuilt from 0.8 mm and 1.0 mm 'L' angle and strip nickel silver. To build these lattices, jigs were made to the profile of each lattice structure.

This too awaits its place on the next section of Hessle Haven. The photo above shows the track layout which has to be built for this section, not forgetting the gasworks of which detailed photos are as rare as 'hens teeth'.

Cheers

Mike

post-3150-0-95853900-1426662231_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikemeg
  • Like 18

Flanges squeal as 107 447 winds its way through the pointwork as it emerges from under the National Gallery at the west end of Edinburgh Waverley station in the summer of 1988...

attachicon.gif107 10.jpg

attachicon.gif107 11.jpg

Hi 

Its very hard to tell if the first photo is a model or a real DMU entering Waverley Station.

Excellent Work.

Regards

David

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Alan.

It has survived and will be used on 'Matford New' (whenever that will be!)

It started out life as a chopped about card Metcalfe factory/brewery (IIRC) but suffered from the 'warp' so I copied it in 18 thou plastic card to keep the character of the original.

• Like 2

Guest bri.s

Making sure that his toys are played with properly!

That's the most realistic modelled head I've seen ,although slightly out of scale,great modelling ;)

Brian

CK looming 2.jpg

Edited by bri.s

That looks familiar Mick, was the level crossing featured in Modelling Railways Illustrated?

Thanks,

Dave.

Dave, I built the gates to explain a working level crossing, and I then got carried away, and kept on adding bits. Yes, it was in the late MRI. Mick.