Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

He's bent down looking in the footwell for his 'Road tax in Post' note that fell off after 6 weeks.

I'll assume that the bus driver and all the passengers are doing the same then :no:

Is the car a Hillman Hunter?

• Like 1

I'll assume that the bus driver and all the passengers are doing the same then :no:

Is the car a Hillman Hunter?

Ford Cortina Mk2

• RMweb Gold

Yep, I'm sure.

I have the same car on my 'roundy' layout, as well as a Mk1 Cortina (or 2...).

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/76/76cor2002%20Cortina%20Mk2%20Anchor%20Blue.htm

Regards,

Matt

I can't dispute what you say but I thought at first it was a Vauxhall and googling photos of Vectra's Hilman hunters and Ford Cortina MK2 (definitley not a mark 1) the only one it seems to bear any resemblance to is the Hunter.   

The link is obviously the same car and that photo does look like a Cortina. It must be the angle it is seen in the photo. :dontknow:

Not sure if it was the lifting safety valve or a distant clap of thunder from the approaching storm that roused pooch from its guard dog slumber?

attachicon.gifCroftDepot2014-10-eDIT1SMa.jpg

I'm from the school that wonders about the validity of adding effects to photographs of models but would never criticise something without trying it first...

Porcy

Given that it's a photograph - which is an artifact - of a model  - another artifact - there seems little wrong to me in adding whatever effects you choose. None of it is "real". Whether or not you like the result will always remain a matter of personal taste.

The only time a moral line is being crossed IMHO is when the photo editing is being used to misrepresent something for monetary gain. :nono:

Chaz

Yup; it's an Oxford Tina2. I think you may be thrown because the windscreen top is too high and the rear flanks a little too rounded which makes it a little Hunterish in appearance.

Wish I'd left the vehicles off the pic as the article will be about the road surfaces. ;)

• Like 2

I wonder if the most fastidious of modellers put petrol in their model vehicles, or coal/diesel in their locos? :mosking:  :offtopic:

I put real electricity in my electric locos and EMUs. :sungum:

I thought you'd be shocked.

Andy

Edited by Andy Reichert
  • Like 1