Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

He's pulling out to pass the BR van (which is out of era for the Metrobus) parked on the double yellows opposite the junction. ;)

Metrobus? Looks like an Ailsa to me...

Could I please just vote a massive "like" and "craftsmanship/clever" to all posters?  I'd get RSI if I tried to click on all of them, and that would put the kybosh on the modelling I have been inspired to do!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Catching up on this thread,

That road surface is incredible, it's so simple but just looks so 'right'! Is this featured in another thread somewhere? 

I've been slaving away line double yellow line painting on our Loftus Road layout but yours just blows it away - I like the raised texture of the double yellows and the intricate bend round the corners - have you any tips to share on how it was done? I've been using traditional painting and masking but really liking the smooth consistency and height there, would like to learn how I can do the same, really very impressive work!

Who needs any trains?!

• RMweb Gold

Autumn 1989, 26004 passes light engine through Edinburgh Waverley on its way to Haymarket depot...

attachicon.gif26025 4.jpg

Diesels aren't my thing, but that captures the spirit of this thread fantastically. The light is superb (I assume real morning or evening sun?) It's very hard to point at something in that photo to categorically say it is a model!

Kind regards, Neil

Autumn 1989, 26004 passes light engine through Edinburgh Waverley on its way to Haymarket depot...

attachicon.gif26025 4.jpg

Hi

Very nice photo, it gives the impression of a low evening sun catching the locomotives side and the glow on the retaining wall and trees behind.

Was that your intention and how do you create it.

Regards

David

• Like 2