Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

Just little "dutch" fest tonight on Banks road freight yard.

An interesting photo of your layout but I'm sorry it's instantly recognisable as a model with lots of RTR placed on it. The best examples on the thread really do have you wondering if it's real or not. Quite a difficult thing to achieve. Some of it will be done to lighting, some the camera angle and the modeller's skill. The biggest thing IMO though is observing and recreating the little things in everyday life.

Guest bri.s

A1 Pacific 60159 Bonnie Dundee near Abbeyhill in the late summer of 1964.

57316c67-b69b-4119-bb59-a5942f9793ae_zps

Great picture ,like the lower set of signals in the picture shows it's a small part of a bigger area

Brian

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

A detail shot from Norman Lockhart. May 16th 1960. Sheep Lane.

post-14122-0-68407800-1463488320_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Nice. Point rodding looks good - what have you used?

Thanks Mark the rodding is 0.4mm square wire from Wizzard Models and the rodding stools are from Brassmasters.

Hope that helps, cheers

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mark the rodding is 0.4mm square wire from Wizzard Models and the rodding stools are from Brassmasters.

Hope that helps, cheers

Yes, that does help, thanks. It confirms that I need to persevere with the Brassmasters one that I bought some time ago, but had banished to a drawer as I found them too fiddly. Your photo confirms they are worth the effort!

• RMweb Gold

Yes, that does help, thanks. It confirms that I need to persevere with the Brassmasters one that I bought some time ago, but had banished to a drawer as I found them too fiddly. Your photo confirms they are worth the effort!

I put mine in the draw a few times as I did get quite frustrated with them but I might try threading the wire that the rodding sits on through the holes before I solder next time.

They are worth the effort though and once weathered they should look fine.

Cheers