Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Hi all, I have been posting over on the 7mm section on my thread 'Midland in London' but it has been suggested I post some pics here and see if they pass muster...so here goes.

Thanks, Richard

Great manure. Seriously that's the most realistic modelled manure I've seen.

The only thing missing is my Granny, hitching up her shimmy and getting in among it with her bucket and shovel. (For the roses of course.)

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

This will be the second Gronk I've put on here.

This one is a Dapol example, tarted up with some wipers, a better vacuum pipe, ladder removed, taken from a pre TOPS to a TOPS numbered 08091 with the excellent Railtec transfers and it has been fitted with a Zimo sound decoder (not that you can hear anything!!!).

attachicon.gifWB 125.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 124.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 128.jpg

Jinty ;)

Hi Jinty,

Very nice indeed.

Can you tell me, what method did you use to remove the numbers? I understand that Railtec do a set to match Dapol style/type?

Thanks,

ATVB

CME

Hi Jinty,

Very nice indeed.

Can you tell me, what method did you use to remove the numbers? I understand that Railtec do a set to match Dapol style/type?

Thanks,

ATVB

CME

Hi CME, I'm not the person to ask really, I made a bit of a b@lls up of it and ended up having to repaint the cab sides, but Rich (Marsh Lane) on here had some success earlier on his thread whenm he did one.

Jinty ;)

A2/1 60509 Waverley, A PDK Kit made for me and a Hornby J72, the hills in the background have been photoshopped in and is not my own landscaping work.

Hi

Another photo of the same two locomotives taken from a different angle with no photoshopping this time, although I was tempted to add some photoshopped smoke.

Regards

David

post-6557-0-00542800-1496351763_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Whose conductor rail did you use please Duncan?

The conductor rail is C&L nickel silver bullhead rail which I had left over from my initial track making experiments.  I tried the Scalefour Society's true scale conductor rail which is a flat bottom section rail but this would not fit the Peco plastic conductor chairs which are relatively cheap.  With some experimenting I found the bullhead rail fitted pretty well and being nickel silver the colour difference from the steel rail looked quite good. 

Duncan

My latest offering: a structure based on Walworth Road Coal Depot, constructed to fill an awkward area to the left of the office building. I've tried to give it the impression of depth even though in reality there really isn't any. I hope you agree...

post-31608-0-98017600-1496521291_thumb.jpg

post-31608-0-98017600-1496521291_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

My latest offering: a structure based on Walworth Road Coal Depot, constructed to fill an awkward area to the left of the office building. I've tried to give it the impression of depth even though in reality there really isn't any. I hope you agree...

Hope you don't mind, it's worth showing.....

post-20303-0-60158700-1496523430.jpeg

• Like 18

Just to be clear, I took the liberty to adjust the photo that Tricky posted so that it could be seen in the correct orientation, this is not my work. I wish it was !

• Like 2

Yes, the whole scene is lovely and well composed. I like the fenced off oil terminal with associated head shunt, shunting signal and trunking. Peter, did you do a write up on the TTA's sometime in the past?. I'm having a crack at some Hornby examples at the moment.

Yes, the whole scene is lovely and well composed. I like the fenced off oil terminal with associated head shunt, shunting signal and trunking. Peter, did you do a write up on the TTA's sometime in the past?. I'm having a crack at some Hornby examples at the moment.

Thanks Andrew,

Never done a write up my TTA's I just replaced the ladders  with single one down the centre. Most of the TTA's in the rake seen in the pic were actually done by a friend over 25 years ago. I did about 6 myself with brass ladders. A few handrails were added and Fox Transfers to finish off. Technically they are wrong for tanks working out of Stanlow as that was a BP terminal and my wagons  are based around the Esso ones.

If you want more info let me know, I can post up a few pics on my layout thread if you want.

Cheers Peter.