Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Yep, only 0.63mm out..

That ballasting is rather good Mr F. Just needs a red carded (hot box) ammonia tank sat up against those stop blocks & you'd be sorted.

Could almost be P4.   :smile_mini2:

P

Nope it can't be because it runs faultlessly…only saying!

It wasne me sir, it was him that said it. :O

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

Private owner goods wagons passing over the bridge with the mill stream below.  The inspiration for the bridge is based on a photo found on the internet sometime ago (apologies for not being able to credit the rightful owner of the photo) of Gatehampton railway bridge.

attachicon.gifSRDuncan12.JPG

attachicon.gifSRDuncan14.JPG

attachicon.gifSRDuncan15.JPG

attachicon.gifGatehampton-railwaybridge 2.jpg

I love the water- very effective.

Duncan

Very very nice..but your signal is 'roon the wrong way.

No choice i'm afraid, it has to be that way through lack of space...or the loco's etc will hit it :laugh:  and its all pure fiction on my line anyway :D and rarely based on owt real!  :crazy:

Edited by Owd Bob
  • Like 1

No choice i'm afraid, it has to be that way through lack of space...or the loco's etc will hit it :laugh:  and its all pure fiction on my line anyway :D and rarely based on owt real!  :crazy:

Build a nice gantry for it to go on...?

I'm not called Duncan! Don't know why it decided to post my reply that way!

Richard

Thanks Richard for the nice remarks about the water.  Your computer was obviously having one of its moments!  The water was created with many coats of clear varnish which was stipled into ridges whilst it was drying.  This method has been described on the Forum before. 

Duncan

• Like 1

As I have just submitted some photos that do not contain much railway action but represent the miles of country between the main stations here is a view across the railway cutting and farmers field to the blacksmith's forge.  The farmer needs to get some cattle in for the long grass or he may be leaving it for a second crop of hay as it has been a good summer in model railway land.

post-12606-0-72564400-1498741546_thumb.jpg

Duncan

• Like 13

It wasne me sir, it was him that said it. :O

Dave Franks.

My dearest Scottish chums,  (or maybe that should be chumps.)

I can do no better that refer you to this (and subsequent postings in that thread).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/123601-mining-institute-newcastle/page-2&do=findComment&comment=2757502

The staff of Crock Croft Depot will attempt to run anything presented to them (within reason). It can even be converted to this new fandangled DCC system in a matter of seconds. Once again a full weekend of running without any derailments* and that included running a few diesel shunters one of which was built to the Effing Monstrosity gauge. :wink_mini:

* There were a few derailments but these were purely down to operator inadequacies (the operator being me!) All of the kids that had a go proved (once again) that I'm not very adept at running a layout.

P

(Having dragged myself from my sick bed to make this post and just to prove I bear no grudges, is currently nibbling on a Scottish oatcake.)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A few more from my garden line, i really take my hat off to you folks who can create such realism in the smaller scales. :good:

attachicon.gif2010-01-11 17.10.50.jpg

attachicon.gif2010-01-11 16.47.42.jpg

attachicon.gif2010-01-11 16.49.52.jpg

attachicon.gif2010-03-04 18.25.12.jpg

Owd Bob - has your railway been in Railway Modeller? If not yours, I'm sure I've seen something very similar with industry and small engines in a garden layout.

Owd Bob - has your railway been in Railway Modeller? If not yours, I'm sure I've seen something very similar with industry and small engines in a garden layout.

No Ruston it's never been in any mags' in the ten years i've had it running, i can't say i know of the other line that you may be thinking of as i have never bought that mag' for well over 40 years and so i would'nt have seen it! :jester:  Sounds like it might be summat worth me looking up though for more inspiration and ideas. Thanks!  :)  

• Like 1

* There were a few derailments but these were purely down to operator inadequacies (the operator being me!) All of the kids that had a go proved (once again) that I'm not very adept at running a layout.

I can confirm that this is, indeed, the case... :)

John

Edited by johndon

My dearest Scottish chums,  (or maybe that should be chumps.)

I can do no better that refer you to this (and subsequent postings in that thread).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/123601-mining-institute-newcastle/page-2&do=findComment&comment=2757502

The staff of Crock Croft Depot will attempt to run anything presented to them (within reason). It can even be converted to this new fandangled DCC system in a matter of seconds. Once again a full weekend of running without any derailments* and that included running a few diesel shunters one of which was built to the Effing Monstrosity gauge. :wink_mini:

P

(Having dragged myself from my sick bed to make this post and just to prove I bear no grudges, is currently nibbling on a Scottish oatcake.)

Ah but one swallow doesn't make a summer however I'll be happy to now add this to the list of layouts ..shunting planks not included..that actually work now making three! ( Mostyn and Charlotte Road being the other two).

Enjoy yer oatcakes they're not that popular up here but they seem to sell well south of the wall.

Finally I would refer you to the email address of a certain belligerent mutual friend with the biggest and most Excellently Magnificent layout of its type in the country.

And to show theres nothing personal ..Get well soon! :) 

Dave 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

NER class 1001 No 1093 is spotted shunting the small yard at the end of the Rosedale East branch.

attachicon.gifIMGP0004-001.JPG

Reproduced in colour to avoid the anti freeze green burning the retina's of the viewer. Only kidding, I hadn't realised how far the branch had progressed, you where meant to be 'busy' this year.

It all looks great

Andy