Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

A smelly corner of Monk's Gate.

Those Fetlocks are stunning!

I can see, hear, smell and almost feel the weight of the those hooves in that photo.

Kev.

Not my model, or my photograph - in fact the Disused Stations people (on whose web site the photo appears) don't seem sure whether it's real or a model:

luton(c1950s)hoo_old4.jpg

I'm pretty sure that it's a shot of Model Railway Club's Chiltern Green and Luton Hoo, as featured in Chris Nevard's "The Old Days" gallery (8404_smrs_expo_005 and 007).  Not bad for 2mm scale.  There are just a few background details that don't seem quite to match, although the photo on the Disused Stations web site looks quite old so maybe the layout was re-worked slightly between that photo being taken and 1984 when Chris took his.

• Like 4

Oh there are some sneaky little buxxers about with their hidden cameras, paparazzi modellers that's what they are.... :hunter:

Like the picture though Mr Spark. :fan:

P.S. My door is always open. :mosking:

P.P.S. The landing light is still working, no aeroplanes have tried to land yet fortunately.  Many thanks.  :thankyou: 

Dave Franks

P.P.P.S Enough of the gushing comments already....   :bye:

• Like 1

Seeing as you're on here now, let me tell you I'm having a work-in on valvegear this weekend so some of the other locos may have the valvegear fitted next time you see them. :onthequiet:

Dave.

That's a smashing bit of flat bottom spikerey Mr F. 1 in 20?  I must admit to being partial to the occasional piece of flat bottom but only in railway terms you understand.

7078302611_eb6077809c_z.jpgTracks by Cunning Hand, on Flickr