Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

Modelu are a firm I have dealt with in regard to head and tail lamps, and I can unreservedly recommend them; top quality products, reasonable prices, and very good (and fast) service.  On top of that their website is a lesson in easy usability.  No connection, happy customer.

If there is a drawback, it is that the products (3D printed) need to be painted, but at the low prices this is not the end of the world...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

'Fraid so. though more yer actual painting than yer actual modelling.  I'm not averse to either, and get great satisfaction from both, but felt it necessary to mention in my testimonial for Modelu in case anyone ordered expecting finished, painted, models.  Their figures are very good, with natural poses and much more of the correct hunched, ill fed, arthritic, stunted look than the fine 6 foot barrel chested specimens from other manufacturers.  If you are modelling working class humanity at any time before about 1980 this is much more normal.

Particularly, he says preparing to run for cover, if like me you are modelling South Wales in the 1950s!

Dons tin had and takes cover in bunker...

Edinburgh Waverley in the early 80s...

attachicon.gifDBSO 1.jpg

attachicon.gif47701 6.jpg

attachicon.gifHST 1.jpg

OH STOP IT. those photographs make me want to give up and collect stamps instead. I struggled to find any tell-tales and finally spotted the rail joiners on the track in front of the HST power car. You are human after all!

Quite superb modelling and photography, utterly convincing. 

Chaz

• RMweb Gold

I'm not so sure that 1:1 scale counts as modelling in this thread. . .

G

I have explained it here (post 29) :-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136116-an-lnwr-type-4-size-j-all-wooden-signal-cabin/page-2

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.

Kev.

• Like 1

A bri

I can't find anything that gives this away as a model.  I was thinking the number plate, but some panniers and at lease one 56xx had painted on number plates applied in BR days at Caerphilly Works, so I can't be sure...

A brilliant piece of modelling, but to be pedentic, a couple of Feed  Wires are visable, and the disc signal is wrongly placed, an engine stood at it would be foul of the other road. Keep up the good work.

• RMweb Premium

A bri

A brilliant piece of modelling, but to be pedentic, a couple of Feed  Wires are visable, and the disc signal is wrongly placed, an engine stood at it would be foul of the other road. Keep up the good work.

The locomotives mine, Bachmann OO modified to top feed less condition, the number plates fitted are from Modelmaster, the EM layout is Chris Matthewmans work, hence the quality. The 05 plate Ford Fiesta is Cologne built. The ground signal is correct for what its intended to do, but too close, a factor of compression on a layout scenic section roughly 9ft in length.

Edited by PMP
  • Like 1

A bri

The Handrail has popped out of the knob on the cab side too.

Ian.

• Like 1

Not in the same league as most of the photography here, but this does attempt to capture a low-light scene on our shed at Braeside.

One of our 4mm / OO Hornby A4 'racehorses' receives a bit of 'grooming' from the shed staff before another outing on the 3 hour Expresses from Aberdeen to Glasgow,

The shed is an approximation of the one at Ferryhill.

post-26609-0-73084300-1536853860_thumb.jpg

• Like 12