Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Pedants appeased. Offending image removed. I just can't be bothered with it all.

Rob.

They're cobbles here in Wigan too, and we have a lot of them (mostly hidden under tarmacadam these days) sod them NHY.

Trainspotters are such a pedantic bunch...

• Like 3

NHY 581 I always enjoy your photos and hope you continue to post =)

Sadly this forum can become quite toxic at times, there are some who relish in being condescending to other members of the hobby for whatever reason. A superiority complex perhaps...

Anyway, I barely notice the tension locks in your photos because I'm distracted by the fantastic scenes your photos create =)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I am another t/l user, a reluctant reconverso from scale couplings due to deterioration of eyesight and hand/eye co-ordination with advancing (but it feels like regressing) age.  Rob's work has been inspirational to me as showing that you can make something with tension locks that does not look like a train set.  Viewing his layouts operating at shows, one is barely aware of them and totally absorbed in the realistic action, and I have attempted to emulate this on my own layout.  I have succeeded to my satisfaction but am nowhere near in Rob's league!

T/ls have created another benefit, as I have been able to use train set track in the fiddle yard out of sight to squeeze another two roads in.  It is impossible to have too many roads in your fiddle yard...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 2

Thank you Jonners et al.

An image of Mutton taken by our own Norman Lockhart.

Rob.

Welcome back old boy! If I were you I would keep posting great photos of your models, tension locks and all. Don’t give ‘them’ the satisfaction of thinking they’ve managed to ‘score a point’.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Welcome back old boy! If I were you I would keep posting great photos of your models, tension locks and all. Don’t give ‘them’ the satisfaction of thinking they’ve managed to ‘score a point’.

Quite agree, It amazes me that people argue whether they are cobbles or not but ignore the the fact that the gauge is 4'1'  :angel:  seriously all model railways are compromises and your looks a lot less compromised than mine.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif35AA11E7-DE77-4233-B704-A44705499872.jpeg.4mm scale SF 60 400kV pylon . Unfortunately I was unable to photoshop any wires in .

Incredible. Its probably just as well you didn't photoshop the wires in, I doubt anyone would have believed it was a model! :jester:

Your pylons really demonstrate a labour of love for the subject, stunning work.

Edited by Signaller69
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My first thought as a former professional railwayman on viewing the above scene is that there is nobody about, which means a cup of tea is available in the cabin or else why is the 08 parked there.  This is before I began to consider whether or not I was looking at a model or not!  

Excellent stuff PMP.

• Like 1