Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

This thread opened on the bottom picture. I instantly recognised it as Alloa, more from my recognition of the prototypes as the model (although I have seen the model). Excellent

Andy

• Like 1

This thread opened on the bottom picture. I instantly recognised it as Alloa, more from my recognition of the prototypes as the model (although I have seen the model). Excellent

Andy

Thank you for your kind comments Andy.

One of the advantages of modelling a real place is with photographs and drawings to hand its easier to make the thing look realistic plus questions like the correct location and type of signals etc are all readily answered.

To build a fictitious model and have it end up looking 'real' I would say is much more of a challenge..another reason why our group prefer actual locations.

Dave. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

An ex-LNER J72 0-6-0T, now owned by the NCB and shedded at Camerton Colliery, waits in the yard at Engine Wood for a train of empty mineral wagons, returning from Portishead power station via Bristol TM, Hallatrow and the S&D to arrive, for onward transfer to the colliery:

This reminds me - is there a supplier of transfers for National Coal Board with the Area suffixes?  I've a couple of fictional industrials I'd like to do in those liveries.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 1/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, Northmoor said:

This reminds me - is there a supplier of transfers for National Coal Board with the Area suffixes?  I've a couple of fictional industrials I'd like to do in those liveries.

Not sure, to be honest, I just used ordinary Letraset on the J72, which was done quite a long time ago now!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Railtech

Rob

I had looked through their lists before and not spotted them, perhaps I was after something else at the time.  They don't do area-specific ones but it suggests I could request them.

Many thanks.