Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

All we can say for certain is that it has arrived and not yet departed.  No tail lamp to suggest that it is to br moving away from the camera and no headcode to suggest the opposite so we do not know the direction of travel; my interpretation is that it has just arrived and that this is where this service terminates.  The guard and driver are in the process of changing the lamps around, and have been called in to the office in the process, or we’d see them on the platform. 

Utterly convincing; you can almost feel the midday sun and the birdsong…

Bit of a culture shock after ‘grim up North’!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Brasted.

Pull Push is it arriving or departing.

brasted.JPG

I like the convincing platform surface. There's even, what appears to be, some litter on it.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I have to say I'd never have thought of vinyl.  I can feel a re-surfacing of Cwmdimbath's rather rough and crude platform coming on, with a different surface where the stream passes beneath it and possibly different again beyond that where it's been extended.  The goods platform needs re-doing as well.

Thank you for this support, kind sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

It’s good enough for this topic; I can see nothing that gives the game away that this is a model.  

Many thanks. I am actually rather pleased with this as a model.

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 18/04/2021 at 15:15, Ian Rathbone said:

Two weeks after being bulled up for a Royal duty 30926 is showing signs of road dirt. On shed at 82G.

658AE034-5A25-4C34-A6B4-3EE391A003FB.jpeg.40cf7d3a8cf2bdd47d12174973832801.jpeg

What is the origin of the locomotive (OK, Eastleigh, I know that part..) model, please?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for encouragement a few posts above, here is another go.

A BYA with its original cover latches still in place stands at Fairport awaiting inspection:

DSCF1670.jpg.cf9e00dd9d697769b26d444f4c287484.jpg

One of the foot steps shows some impact damage, perhaps there has been a collision with a road vehicle.

- Richard.

Postscript. The crane looks ok in daylight but a bit fresh here. I have just given it a minor rebuild after Harry gave it a strength test. Only two joints came apart. Harry belongs to my neighbours but spends his time with me whenever they kick him out :)

1728482522_2021-05-2405_41_45a.jpg.8a47aab1c1c141a26af0b8d158a10a74.jpg

Edited by 47137
Added postscript.
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

If he destroys cranes, no wonder the neighbours kick him out.  He looks a bit of a character!

Harry is allowed everywhere in my house except the hobby room and he knows this. One day he made his way onto the window sill and got stuck in the blinds:

20210718_162100a.jpg.2db19f49a4034a0172a295debada6e2d.jpg

I ended up clearing much of the bench to get him out, this was when I noticed the crane. He doesn't try to get into trouble, he just does. He is good company around the place, really his most annoying habit is walking around my legs in figure of eight patterns when I am using the toilet. No decorum whatsoever.

- Richard.

• Like 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, jafcreasey said:

Hi, I know which view I prefer, gone forever when it could have been a preserved line. All the best Adrian. 

Roughly the same view of what was.

old site.JPG

Edited by westerhamstation
Photo added
  • Like 16
  • Agree 2