Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Sarahagain

i like the pictures, but absolutely love the modelling of the clothes line and pegs, you can discern the ladies knickers and the mens pants and the long johns and shirt.

Nice picture of the Dapol house as well.

You have also clearly been polishing your 'photoshopping'. Looking good  :sungum:

Hi Jaz, and thanks.

The washing on the line at Railway Cottages is from Preiser. I cut the washing free from a moulded line and posts, and attached it to a piece of fine cotton.

There are a few figures (all female!) from the same set, hanging out the washing in both back yards....The man of the house looks on..... ;)

There was once a piece on Photoshopping on the Model Rail Magazine website...I think it has gone now, but had some useful ideas...some of which I have sort of remembered...

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 2

To continue the elderly pre-group engine theme- many thanks for all the likes,BTW- appreciated- here is a "what if". The last HR 4-4-0 survived till 1953 and then wandered, unwanted it seems, around the back of sheds till it was scrapped in 1967, but what if it was resurrected alongside the other Scottish groupers that had an Indian summer till 1965. As part of 54398's "problem" was that it had been rebuilt by the LMS and thus wasn't in original state, then might BR lined black been a suitable livery.

Here it is ,caught in sunlight, coming off Helmsdale shed.

attachicon.gifIMG_0711.JPG

I suppose IF this loco was "resurrected"  alongside CR 123, The Jones Goods, and the "other one", then LMS livery could have been possibly considered?

But I, along with many others, do like the early crest on a lined black loco! :sungum:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This is one that I had previously uploaded.

attachicon.gifSudbury 07 October 2006 006_edited.jpg

Shouldn't that be on fire?  ;)

Up here...it should be sunk! ;)

But...that is a model with a difference...I can see how it would be possible to modify a military kit the same way as the "prototypes".... :)

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I suppose IF this loco was "resurrected"  alongside CR 123, The Jones Goods, and the "other one", then LMS livery could have been possibly considered?

But I, along with many others, do like the early crest on a lined black loco! :sungum:

Fear not- a red liveried Ben is half finished in the workshops, waiting on me either bothering firing up the airbrush or finding a suitable acrylic spray topcoat- any suggestions gratefully received. There then is the question of lining, and these two things have been enough to shove what is really an indulgence onto the backburner. Anyone who has looked at my layout thread will know I'm not short of a Ben or two :no: ........

Edited by Ben Alder
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Argh..... I've earned myself probably the only negative on the entire thread! (Probably because it might look like 'my shopping' instead..!)

However, it isn't - there's been a lot of work so far to get a finish on this - sorry its the wrong thread - I'll completely stop after this.

IMG_0882_zps9428aaa3.jpg

IMG_0861-Copy_zps6cab5295.jpg

• Like 10

Argh..... I've earned myself probably the only negative on the entire thread! (Probably because it might look like 'my shopping' instead..!)

Don't worry Giles; it's possible they've caught the wrong button on a tablet (I've done that several times). When I see your name pop up on any topic I'm always along for a look as it's always something interesting/good/inspirational.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm on ipad and I hit the wrong buttons all the time.

Pictures on this thread are fantastic, sometimes I struggle to realise its a model, well done everyone.

Here's my go, it isn't very good but it's worth a try.

It's a Dapol pug kit weathered.

post-19436-0-60576100-1381338752.jpg

Things I would change would be the clean 21ton and the date (but I wouldn't know how to do that)

Thanks

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...