Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Never been brave enough to post here before but here are two shots of Pott Row loco depot taken in the late 1940s early 50s. Apologies for the quality but it was a long time ago!

post-12773-0-70409600-1404663959_thumb.jpg

post-12773-0-94143300-1404663971_thumb.jpg

There were no trains at this time which was not a common occurrence. I believe I do have some showing locos being serviced if of interest.

• Like 16

Sweven

Fantastic modelling ....can almost smell those flowers.....

you should write it up...and offer it to BRM for an article.....they would rip your hand off IMO.

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Here's  a break-down train not going to the scene of an emergency, in the late summer of 1938. It is hauled by a J27 in a reasonably clean condition. i think that I've got the lamp code correct!

post-22631-0-20264100-1404767702.jpgpost-22631-0-40218800-1404767721.jpg.

The crane is scratchbuilt.

All the best,

Market65.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

graffiti......the retaining wall.....has been recently used and abused.......

mkwolf1877................... Le Chat for Newbryford.................C&WR in his rugby colours

med_gallery_17883_2760_411019.jpg

Kal reflecting.....on what to do next......

med_gallery_17883_2760_551463.jpg

acg_mr............. Jcredfer's pilot badge and daughter

med_gallery_17883_2760_446614.jpg

Arboretum Police :triniti: are beside themselves trying to track down the vandals....... :jester: ...............

The vandals should be easy to spot as they are either 20 feet tall or are carrying 15 foot long paintbrushes to reach the top (or bottom) of the wall.

Regards

Ian

• Like 1

Hi. Here's  a break-down train not going to the scene of an emergency, in the late summer of 1938. It is hauled by a J27 in a reasonably clean condition. i think that I've got the lamp code correct!

attachicon.gif100_5847 - Copy.JPGattachicon.gif100_5848 - Copy.JPG.

The crane is scratchbuilt.

All the best,

Market65.

scratchbuilt.......well I have to say that is a fine bit of engineering.....while you were doing it were you able to add movement as well?

The vandals should be easy to spot as they are either 20 feet tall or are carrying 15 foot long paintbrushes to reach the top (or bottom) of the wall.

Regards

Ian

have you never seen some of them....hanging from ropes? Those on the bridges etc have the same issues.

ggraffiti-work-in-stokes-croft-bristol-47the Barbican in london

googling graffiti on tall buildings.....will show how adventurous artists can be....some take your breath away......

and sometimes they accidentally kill them selves in the process

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgulfnews.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fusa%2Fgraffiti-artist-dies-of-asphyxiation-while-hanging-from-rope-18-storeys-up-1.1165729&ei=Oxe7U6nWK9DQ7AbP5oDgCQ&usg=AFQjCNG2UqVv3iiPz8FG4KJVHWcpXQ1Gow&bvm=bv.70138588,d.ZGU

and some just simply

Alice-Pasquini-Graffiti-Art-14.jpginspirationhut.com

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

scratchbuilt.......well I have to say that is a fine bit of engineering.....while you were doing it were you able to add movement as well?

Hi, Jaz. It was built in 2002, and I was able to get the crane to swivel manually along with the lifting of the Jib. It will travel along the track without derailing - added some lead under the chassis of the crane. Many thanks for your interest.

All the best,

Market65.

Hi, Jaz. It was built in 2002, and I was able to get the crane to swivel manually along with the lifting of the Jib. It will travel along the track without derailing - added some lead under the chassis of the crane. Many thanks for your interest.

All the best,

Market65.

It is very impressive, makes my half finished Dapol crane look s***  :jester:  :jester:

All the best,

Market65.

Cool......not only looks good but can be posed too. A marvellous piece of work. Very envious.

Never been brave enough to post here before but here are two shots of Pott Row loco depot taken in the late 1940s early 50s. Apologies for the quality but it was a long time ago!

attachicon.gifShed adjusted.jpg

attachicon.gifShed BW.jpg

There were no trains at this time which was not a common occurrence. I believe I do have some showing locos being serviced if of interest.

Found some more black and white photos of Pott Row mpd taken in the 50s

post-12773-0-00618300-1404931229_thumb.jpg

post-12773-0-00462300-1404931238_thumb.jpg

• Like 14