Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

This model was built in the 1970s and the standard still cuts the mustard 40 years on

Spot on there David.

Unbelievable standard considering the materials available to modellers back then.   Just goes to show that there really is nothing new under the Sun!  No matter how a high a standard we ourselves achieve there's always someone that has beat us to it!  Brilliant model - particularly like the view down the main road.  More pics please.

Mike

Maybe I should have taken more, but maybe this is the last one , I just took all these with my phone camera in a matter of a couple of minutes.

This layout was heading for the skip as there were no takers, so our club decided to take it on it may well appear at some stage at one of our shows

post-186-0-62050300-1405967353_thumb.jpg

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant
  • Like 17

post-7067-0-72554200-1406046082_thumb.jpg

Leeds City Tramways post war car 276 and railcoach 600 at the terminus on Grime Street.

Both cars are 3d prints, 276 built by Andy Burrows aka Purpledoor, 600 by me, photo taken by Andy Burrows at the Festival of Tramway Modelling in Manchester last weekend  

Edited by Red Devil
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

It's a glorious summers day in 1947 as sitting on the wall we spot 2884 class 3864 at Tigley Junction in South Devon.Spam sandwiches and Tizer are in our satchels.

post-126-0-27555000-1406228677_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-36489300-1406228690_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gwrrob,

I have to ask how you created that magnificent backscene.  Is it a commercial product or your own creation?  I think how you've managed to integrate it so seamlessly is brilliant!

A bit of teamwork involved as discussed here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87857-art-printers/&do=findComment&comment=1511080

• RMweb Premium

Hi Claude,

I know it's Japan but it looks like Korea to me. :)

(Both are so clean!)

Kev.

Yes; the layout was probably a little too clean...but not by much. As you say, it is remarkably clean in parts of the far-East... I never did get around to toning down that parade of shops...

• Like 1

Part-weathered Heljan Garratt 47971. 1949 early BR. Some photo-editing.

Dark satanic mills and all that....a cold morning, moving at walking pace, taking slack out of couplings, soon to have sanders on, on the up-down up-down gradients of the Midland Main Line, Brent-Toton and back three times a week, 100 empties north, 87 loads back. Industrial Britain, 1949... (well, the 3-returns/week was pre-war actually, when life for engine crews was harder)

I don't know if it qualifies for this thread. Great fun to do while waiting for the 'late July' prospect of heavily-weathered versions of these interesting and impressive Midland engines. Lovely model, too...

post-7929-0-85299900-1406434312_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 19