RMWEB Member's Tour of Didcot

Castle

Hi Dave,

There are two places to park, the station car park (expensive) or the car park opposite the station (a few quid on a weekend). I hope this helps!

All the best,

Castle

ARGGGHHH!

Just checked the train times and I think I'm going to have to pull out. Train won't get there till 12:30pm not leaving me much of a day to look around properly. I'm going to have to save it for a Saturday in a few weeks time. I could have sworn last month when I looked there were more trains in the morning.

Sorry to be a nuisance

Hi Castle, just wanted to check I'm on the list before I get my train ticket. Also the weather forecast I looked at was crap for sun, will it still go on if it's raining or is a lot of it inside? Doesn't bother me personally.

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Castle, just wanted to check I'm on the list before I get my train ticket. Also the weather forecast I looked at was crap for sun, will it still go on if it's raining or is a lot of it inside? Doesn't bother me personally.

Steve.

The Met Office weather forecasts for the area are - at the moment - a toss up between occasional light showers and sunny spells and most of the site isn't too far from cover.  

Thanks Castle, quite a long way to go to only have half a day of fun. I'll come along another day over summer, then I'll be able to take my time. I'll still come say hello if you're on duty.

Hi All,

No problem everyone - I will still go a head if the weather is bad it is no problem - the workshops and stores are covered and it will be a light bracing walk in the rain under an umbrella between the buildings and to look at anything else we want to see so bring a brolly and you will be fine!

Sorry to hear about the couple of people not able to attend now - 2014 tour anyone? In the words of the terminator - I'll be back!

All the best,

Castle

Just a note to say that our attendance is now in doubt. We're about to move house (signed the contract yesterday!), and had earmarked this Saturday as a day for sorting and packing stuff. But that's now had a spanner thrown in the works by other commitments, so I may have to shuffle that back to Sunday and give up on the Didcot tour.

I'm still keen to come if I can, so I'm going to leave it until the last minute to make a final decision. It's possible that it may be just me instead of the whole family, or possibly me and one or both of the children, as my wife is probably more likely than I am to think that packing is more important than trains!

I hope this isn't going to be a problem for the rest of the group. Essentially, if I don't appear to be there, don't waste time looking for me or waiting for me to join the tour group.

~Show and tell~

Looking forward to Sunday very much, I was wondering (knowing the site at Didcot quite well) if there was a safe place where we could leave models or other items that might be of interest to other folks attending. I was thinking about bringing my Victoria Bridge diorama along.. I could happily walk from the car park and under the station with it under my arm, but wouldn't want to lug it around all day!

Hi Will,

Yes - we will find somewhere in the 4079 store to put it for your Show and tell!

Is there anything anyone else wants to store?

Am I going to have to bring a resident of Little Didcot along too?

All the best,

Castle

Mark - next time good sir!

Hi Will,

Yes - we will find somewhere in the 4079 store to put it for your Show and tell!

Is there anything anyone else wants to store?

Am I going to have to bring a resident of Little Didcot along too?

All the best,

Castle

Mark - next time good sir!

The photos of Little Didcot's stock are enticing to say the least. I think, however, that there is so much I will want to look at / photograph as 12" scale that it will be a full day. Don't forget the Charity Buckets are supposed to be out for us to weight down before the following weekend's extravaganza!

Hi All,

Shame that Mr EBD - see you next time sir!

It should be no problem at all Andy - just get your train rides in before hand as last time the locos were on disposal by the time we finished!

All the best,

Castle

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Shame that Mr EBD - see you next time sir!

It should be no problem at all Andy - just get your train rides in before hand as last time the locos were on disposal by the time we finished!

All the best,

Castle

Thanks for that reminder Castle - must ensure that our enroute breakfast stop is completed in a timely manner!

• RMweb Premium

Wishing you all an excellent day.

I'm sure it'll be a GRAND DAY OUT.

Again, sorry we can't be there but we'll be thinking of you as we trundle trains in and out of Camel Quay at the Colwyn MRE.

Polly

Warning for anyone using the A43 between Northampton and Brackley

Whilst the RMWeb Members Tour is one of the nation's most important events, there is a small matter of a Classic Car Race Meeting at Silverstone with around 30,000 visitors possible. Please expect delays if using that section of the A43.

Are you that distrustful of FGW punctuality Mr R? :jester:

Yes, yes and yes, Mike!

Also having to plan to circumvent the bus FCC are threatening me with from Stevenage to Kings Cross (they must think I came up the Clyde on a bike, bus indeed...!)

Distrustful of St Neots

:devil:

Hi All,

I always enjoy sharing the contents of our extensive toy box! I look forward to Sunday and there will doubtless be a 2014 version of the tour. I hope that there are a whole heap of pictures uploaded here after the trip!

All the best,

Castle

Archived