RMWEB Member's Tour of Didcot

Castle

Hello Castle,

Any space left? I've just been talking to my Uncle who is a great railway, especially steam, enthusiast and he'd like to accompany me if you have room. He's pretty certain he can make it, if it turns out not I'll let you know.

I've been looking at some of the footage of the railmotor on utube and it looks absolutley stunning. Well done to all concerned.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I have the ability to run two tours that afternoon as I have the services of some of my fellow volunteers lined up. Two places for yourself and the uncle are reserved!

All the best,

Castle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Castle,

My Daughter has now arranged a holiday for her tribe late July which means my grandson will no longer be able to come. I still wish to be part of the day so there will be a reduction of one in your numbers.

Regards,

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Hi Castle

Unfortunately I'm going to have to give my place up to someone else. My club have decided to have their annual trip to the Great Central Railway on the same day. As I've not been before I would like to take the opportunity to go. Although I have been to Didcot many times it's dissapointing as I would have liked to have met some other RMweb members. I'm hoping that you might be doing another tour sometime in the future and I wish you all a very good day.

Just seen this thread, assuming its still the 28th July, I may go as I really enjoyed my visit last year (Thanks Castle). I'll be tripping from Peterborough, drop me a PM if anyone wants a travelling companion.

Hi Doug,

You have your second place - no problem at all!

Hi C.G.,

See you there my good chap!

All the best,

Castle

P.S. there would, with the three PM reserved places, seem to be 41 out of 50 places now taken for the 2 X 25 place tours. If you want to go make it quick...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Castle.

Like others I've only just found your post, so please can I have a place as well.

Regards

Dave Bowden (kada33)

Hi Castle

Can I ask what time you plan the morning session to start?

This has a bearing on starting out time, 5am,6am!

Regards

Dave Bowden

Hi Dave,

I suggest you get there so that you can take your train rides in the morning (I don't know what locos are diagramed for the day but I will post as soon as I can drag it out of our Centre Manager!) and I will meet you with my two compatriots by the entrance kiosk / London end of the main demonstration line for 12:30hrs. This means we can spend the afternoon looking at whatever anyone wants to see. I will split the tour into two groups to make it a bit more manageable and safer in the workshops. Two of my fellow locomotive department types will tour the second group, one of which has just started a presence on RMWEB as 'Boiler Basher' (you can guess his role at 81E!) so say hi when you see him pop up on here.

All the best,

Castle

Hi Dave,

I suggest you get there so that you can take your train rides in the morning (I don't know what locos are diagramed for the day but I will post as soon as I can drag it out of our Centre Manager!) and I will meet you with my two compatriots by the entrance kiosk / London end of the main demonstration line for 12:30hrs. This means we can spend the afternoon looking at whatever anyone wants to see. I will split the tour into two groups to make it a bit more manageable and safer in the workshops. Two of my fellow locomotive department types will tour the second group, one of which has just started a presence on RMWEB as 'Boiler Basher' (you can guess his role at 81E!) so say hi when you see him pop up on here.

All the best,

Castle

Hi Castle

Thanks for the reply, I'm not to bothered which locos will be running on the day, but will you when you do post say what time they will be running from, that way I can time my arrival to get there in time.

Dave

Hi Dave,

They usually start running between 10:00 to 10:30hrs dependant upon how cooperative the engines are feeling that day! Just kidding...

All the best,

Castle

Hi Doug,

You have your second place - no problem at all!

Hi C.G.,

See you there my good chap!

All the best,

Castle

P.S. there would, with the three PM reserved places, seem to be 41 out of 50 places now taken for the 2 X 25 place tours. If you want to go make it quick...

Due to previously organised plan falling to bits, I could now come to this event if space is still available (and would be with a friend)

Andy

Archived