RMWEB Member's Tour of Didcot

Castle

Having never been to didcot before I was surprised as to how much rolling stock there was. I was very impressed with our 2 tour guides. They were very knowledgeable about the site and the majority of the stock in there.

Very much appreciated. See you next year

Alistair

And a big thank you to Castle and his team from me and my Uncle too :imsohappy: . Didcot's collection is just so much more fascinating when you know some of the stories behind it all. I'd really love to see that dreadnought back in working order, what an amazing survivor.

Hey 57xx snap! (well almost).

post-9629-0-16318400-1375096183.jpg

Oh, and thanks for showing me that as well as now being completely white haired I'm going a bit thin on top too. :no:

Here's the interior of the clerestory I got to climb aboard too.

post-9629-0-82090600-1375096194_thumb.jpg

Hope this inspires lots of projects to be reported on RMWeb and I hope everyone had a pleasant journey home.

Adrian

Guest 838rapid

Thanks Castle,What an amazing day.

Sorry we turned up slightly late,Car parking issues,but was all sorted.

Really enjoyed the day,Was shown around by your two friends.

Hopefully be back soon.

Many Thanks Adie

Thganks Castle, had a great day as well and have to say how well your helpers performed, they all knew there stuff and obviously enjoy what they do. Great to see behind the scenes and meet some people. I'll try and put some pics on soon.

Once again thanks for giving up your time to show us around.

Steve.

Don't worry OTBL, khaki will be back soon - there are some WWI commemorations coming up! At the end of the day though, it is only a layer to stop it rusting...

All the best,

Castle

Archived