St Albans Model Railway Exhibition 2010

adrianmc

• RMweb Gold

showposter10.jpg

The ST ALBANS MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2010

Organised by the Chiltern Model Railway Association (CMRA).

THE ALBAN ARENA

Civic Centre

St Albans

AL1 3ED

Saturday 16th January 2010

Sunday 17th January 2010

Open 10am till 6pm Saturday and 10am till 5pm Sunday

The 2010 St Albans Model Railway Exhibition will once again be featuring a selection of some of the best quality layouts around.

There will be full trade support as well as Demonstration & Engineering stands.

Layouts expected to attend amongst others include:

Hook Basin - 1:25 scale 16.5mm gauge

Ellis Road - 7mm/ft scale 32mm gauge (0)

Helmthwaite & Chapel Lane - 7mm/ft scale 32mm gauge (0)

Ledsam Street Yard - 7mm/ft scale 32mm gauge (0)

Crichel - 7mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (0-16.5)

East Lynn & Nunstanton - 1:64 scale 0.884in gauge (S)

Oro Grande Railroad - 1:64 scale 14.2mm (Sn3)

Coldfair Green - 4mm/ft scale 18.83mm gauge (P4)

Kadeleigh - 4mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (00)

Old Mills Colliery Sidings - 4mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (00)

Pudley Lane - 4mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (00)

Shanklin South - 4mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (00)

The Gresley Beat - 4mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (00)

Wellbridge - 4mm/ft scale 16.5mm gauge (00)

Crumley & Little Wickhill - 4mm/ft scale 9mm gauge (00-9)

Southwold - 4mm/ft scale 12mm gauge (00n3)

Broadford - 3.5mm/ft scale 16.5mm & 18.2mm gauges

Rhine Side - 1:120 scale 12mm gauge (Continental TT)

Dydley Junction - 1:148 scale 9mm gauge (British N)

The Long Line - 1:148 scale 9mm gauge (British N)

California Coast - 1:220 scale 6.5mm gauge (Z)

Trade confirmed at the present time:

ALL Components

C+L Finescale

Ceynix Miniature Trees

Comet Models

Dart Castings

DC Kits/D & E Video

Deltic Preservation Society

Eileen's Emporium

Gem Model Railways

Geoff Gamble Books

International Models

Isinglass Models

John Dutfield Model Railways

Langley Models

Magnet Insurance Services

Model Loco Resprays

Modelmates

N Gauge Lines

Old Time Workshop

Radley Models

R.C.T.S.

Roxey Mouldings

Ten Commandments

Wizard Models

More information at www.cmra.org.uk/stalbans.html

I'll be on the balcony demoing resin casting again.

"We will also be running our infamous CMRA Second Hand Stand."

My job for New Years Day is to rummage through the workshop and see what tat I mean what quality merchandise :D I can find. and list on the form..

Jon

I'll be on the balcony demoing resin casting again.

My job for New Years Day is to rummage through the workshop and see what tat I mean what quality merchandise biggrin.gif I can find. and list on the form..

Jon

On one of the two days (as yet undecided) I'll be one of the stewards. I haven't anything for the secondhand stall but might be selling some stuff for a friend.

Tim

cant wait to go st albans with wellbridge cant wait to see what new stock will be on the layout after xmas is there going to be a meet up of rmweb members at the show

daz

You'll find me in the 'cockpit' of the 'Stealth Bomber' most of the weekend...

Paul

Trevor Nunn's East Lynn & Nunstanton will be there flying the flag for S Scale.

Although the East Lynn segment has been to St. Albans before, and Nunstanton appeared as track on bare baseboards last year, this year's show will be the debut of the complete work.

A gaggle of Trevor's operators descended on an Oxfordshire village hall last weekend to see all the boards together for the first time - in fact, it's so long we couldn't get the quay up!

Here's a small taster of what to expect, and doesn't it change the vista across East Lynn?

post-6672-12628858947324_thumb.jpg

Nunstanton. GER main line to the right, GER branch diverging to the left. A little photoshoppery to extend the field on the RHS and the sky.

post-6672-12628859335756_thumb.jpg

East Lynn in the distance. The inaugural run down the line. the branch on the right is now solely M&GN.

post-6672-12628859713003_thumb.jpg

Trevor's Coffee Pot, his oldest loco - scratchbuilt in 1973, leaves Nunstanton for East Lynn.

post-6672-12628859935857_thumb.jpg

Across the bridge to East Lynn.

Just to clarify a minor point, I am listed as attending with The Long Line-Castle Hill. Castle Hill was the earlier connotation of the layout when it was 30ft long with a steel viaduct on the right hand end. The long line is the much larger, sectionalised continuation, minus the viaduct! The Station (M) and village (L) portions of which are attending.

I was originally booked to attend Preston this year, but this was changed around to The Welsh Model Show instead and Preston next year! However it appears that greater forces had decreed I do no exhibiting that weekend, with both being cancelled by the bad weather. Lets hope the jinx does not extend to next weekend, as I am getting operational withdrawal symptoms here!

So it's fingers crossed for next weekend!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Just to clarify a minor point, I am listed as attending with The Long Line-Castle Hill. Castle Hill was the earlier connotation of the layout when it was 30ft long with a steel viaduct on the right hand end. The long line is the much larger, sectionalised continuation, minus the viaduct! The Station (M) and village (L) portions of which are attending.

Sorry Mark, my fault in getting the name of the layout slightly wrong and adding the words Castle Hill - I've looked at the original list supplied by our exhibition manager and it only has "The Long Line" recorded, so it proves I can't read what I'm given :blush: - I've amended the list above and the CMRA's website.

• RMweb Gold

The CMRA website has just been updated with details and timings of the free vintage bus service connecting the venue with the local railway stations.

www.cmra.org.uk/stalbans.html

For those thinking to visit the exhibition on the Sunday and maybe want to do something a bit different, Country Bus Rallies are planning to run a fairly extensive rally on that day, in addition to the exhibition service, with feeder routes from as far away as West Croydon and Wrotham in Kent.

Further details of this can be found on their website: Country Bus Rallies: St Albans 16/17th Jan 2010

• RMweb Gold

i hope to be there on saturday this will be my first show as i have just started.i will be the the one anoying every one quastions and taking loads of photos.i have posted a hello in the greeting.hope to meet a few of the members there.

Hoping to attend on the Sunday. This (excellent) show almost always manages to conflict with several other obligations (badly timed family birthdays for a start) so sometimes is regrettably missed.

Hoping to be there, weather permitting (the A1 down from Peterborough should hopefully be clear!).

It was fine last night, so provided there is no significant snow...

• RMweb Premium

i hope to be there on saturday this will be my first show as i have just started.i will be the the one anoying every one quastions and taking loads of photos.i have posted a hello in the greeting.hope to meet a few of the members there.

Just don't wear a rucksack... :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Brian

Archived