Railbus?

Guest jim s-w

Sorry to disapoint you-this isn't the same vehicle. MUA45P was a Bristol LHS that operated for West Yorkshire PTE-I remember seeing it regularly when it passed to Steve Stockdale of Selby who used it on his network of town routes just after deregulation-it was only ever a road vehicle. I assume that it is now a preserved vehicle with a fictional livery or did the PTE apply a livery like this to advertise the rail routes it supported?

There have been several railbuses over the years, as far as I know none were ever regauged to 4'8 1/2.

United Counties ran two coaches (Leyland Leopard-Plaxton Supreme IV Express, MRP 242 and 243V)in a blue-grey BR coach scheme from 1980 to about 1984 on the Kettering - Peterborough rail link and Birds of Hunstanton ran one (a Ford R1115 - Duple Dominant IV) on the Peterborough Kings Lynn link which lasted a bit longer. The Birds vehicle was replaced with an ECW bodied Leopard when Eastern Counties took the service over from Birds. Of course these were all coaches, so no yellow ends....

Much later, Arriva Midland Fox ran a pair of Plaxton Beavers in full Midland Mainline colours for the Kettering - Corby link, Corgi did a model of one of these.

Sorry to disapoint you-this isn't the same vehicle. MUA45P was a Bristol LHS that operated for West Yorkshire PTE-I remember seeing it regularly when it passed to Steve Stockdale of Selby who used it on his network of town routes just after deregulation-it was only ever a road vehicle. I assume that it is now a preserved vehicle with a fictional livery or did the PTE apply a livery like this to advertise the rail routes it supported?

I have a vague memory of a vehicle so painted appearing at a Doncaster Works open day back in the 1980s, although in my mind it was in the later green/cream livery. I therefore suspect that this is the vehicle and it has been restored to an earlier livery!

That DMS/Tube/321 is certainly different, although I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to get to the engine to fix it...

Colin

Archived