Livery Photoshopping

A request from me if one of you could be so kind, I'd like to see what Kestrel would have looked like in Loadhaul livery please?

Surely, like anything else, it would have looked great in Loadhaul! I'll let the other guys tackle this, as they appear to have files set up for Kestrel already.

A couple of recent additions from me now

gallery_6899_468_37223.jpg

With the ex Fastline 66s currently off lease, what if they were given suitably neutral liveries to allow spot hire work? Here is LNER green 66303

gallery_6899_468_2561.jpg

So what if instead of sectorisation, BR remained one large unit, and as a replacement for blue adopted APT style colours.

gallery_6899_468_227355.jpg

A natural progression really, the APT was a success and put into production, so the livery was adopted on the HST refurbishment program in place of Exec, to give a fleetwide appearance

The APT livery, to my eyes, even makes a 66 look like a thing of the 80s! Reminds me of one of Gene Hunt's ties laugh.gif

cheers

jo

• Like 4

Surely, like anything else, it would have looked great in Loadhaul! I'll let the other guys tackle this

I was thinking I'd let others tackle this too... but since I did the other Kestrels here we go (same source image as before):

post-7703-127784793011.jpg

post-7703-127784801785.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed I missed one of the buffers, just pretend it is orange not white.

Second only to the Great Western Main Line on the list of electrification projects in Wales is probablly the Cardiff Valleys network, so here's some Electrostars liveried in Valley Lines livery in Cardiff.

post-7703-127784934739_thumb.jpg

Based on Creative Commons images by Oxyman and Chris McKenna

post-7703-127784974017_thumb.jpg

Based on Creative Commons images by Oxyman and Chris McKenna

• Like 1

Ever thought about the reverse "might have been" a Castle in Crimson lake if the LMS had managed to persuade the GWR to sell them some in the '20s, no doubt with a straight sided Midland derived tender and no bright metal!

Keith

Would look pretty good I think, Olton Hall looks very nice in its red livery for the Harry Potter films and the red castles Hornby make for the train sets look pretty also.

That Bulleid that was painted red for a time looked nice aswell.

• Agree 1

ECML180, that is a brilliant livery application but I wou;d question whether it is a class 47 as it seems to have a Bo-Bo wheel arrangement. blink.gif scratch_one-s_head_mini.gif laugh_mini.gif

You can't trust some websites ;)

Thats what diseasel's look like to me, a box on wheels. laugh.gif

Haha you do have a point there! biggrin.gif

med_gallery_6731_93_130517.jpg

This image created by Paul Burkitt-Gray is based on a photo by Wikimedia user Sunil060902 distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike License, and as such is released under the same license.

What if the East London Line and North London Line had been fully integrated into the London Underground and the class 378s given the standard red, white and blue livery? Alternatively, class 378s could be used on the Metropolitan line to replace the A stock on the Chesham shuttle, where 8 cars of S stock are rather excessive.

Paul

med_gallery_6731_93_72446.jpg

Modified image copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray. Base image copyright Ben Elias, used with permission.

What if Transport for London had ordered S stock for the Overground to standardise on a single type of non-tube train across all their railway operations?

Paul

No picture I'm afraid, but maybe a thought-provoking- er... thought?

There I was yesterday, sitting on the Embankment (honest guv, I was working...) watching the Eye, the boats, the scenery (lol very pretty girls), and of course the occasional train crossing the bridge in the distance to Charing Cross. A 465 went over, it was in the shadow of the metalwork of the bridge, and looked stunning! The whole bodyside appeared to be in a Maunsell-ish shade of dark green, with yellow doors, white roof, and white cab ends. Now the normal South Eastern livery actually suits these units I reckon, being one of the less "trendy" styles, but can anyone do a photoshop in the style I described just to see the effect of what I appeared to see?

The APT liveries look great! Great work!

(oh how i miss the Intercity liveries! *sigh*!)

Ian

Surely, like anything else, it would have looked great in Loadhaul! I'll let the other guys tackle this, as they appear to have files set up for Kestrel already.

A couple of recent additions from me now

gallery_6899_468_37223.jpg

With the ex Fastline 66s currently off lease, what if they were given suitably neutral liveries to allow spot hire work? Here is LNER green 66303

gallery_6899_468_2561.jpg

So what if instead of sectorisation, BR remained one large unit, and as a replacement for blue adopted APT style colours.

gallery_6899_468_227355.jpg

A natural progression really, the APT was a success and put into production, so the livery was adopted on the HST refurbishment program in place of Exec, to give a fleetwide appearance

The APT livery, to my eyes, even makes a 66 look like a thing of the 80s! Reminds me of one of Gene Hunt's ties laugh.gif

cheers

jo

med_gallery_6731_93_284837.jpg

Based on an image released by Hippoattack to the public domain. Modified image copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray.

Concluding the TfL theme, here's a look at what the DLR might be like if it was amalgamated with the Underground and operated as distinct lines.

Paul

• Like 1

Based on an image released by Hippoattack to the public domain. Modified image copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray.

Concluding the TfL theme, here's a look at what the DLR might be like if it was amalgamated with the Underground and operated as distinct lines. Paul

Looks really good on the DLR stock.

Why wasn't it ever put under TfL control?

Yes, the DLR is controlled by TfL but has its own branding separate from the Underground, like Tramlink and Overground.

med_gallery_6731_93_691.jpg

Based on a photograph by Neil Marshall published under the Creative Commons Attribution License. Modified image copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray.

Brighton line trains were among the few to wear the short-lived London and South East region Jaffa Cake livery, so perhaps it would have been carried by the Brighton Belle's had they lasted a bit longer.

Paul

• Like 2

Brighton line trains were among the few to wear the short-lived London and South East region Jaffa Cake livery, so perhaps it would have been carried by the Brighton Belle's had they lasted a bit longer.

Eek.

You'd hope that afternoon tea in a Pullman would offer something more upmarket than Jaffa Cakes. Anyone think that the green and white of the current Southern livery reminds them of a cucumber sandwich?

• Like 1

Nice work with the windows there Flying Pig, i really like that.

med_gallery_6731_93_46942.jpg

Based on a photograph by Neil Marshall published under the Creative Commons Attribution License. Modified image copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray.

As requested in a comment in the gallery, here's a Brighton Belle in reverse Jaffa Cake, similar to the reverse blue and grey used on some corporate image Pullman cars.

Paul

med_gallery_6731_93_327919.jpg

Based on an image by Phil Sangwell published under the Creative Commons Attribution License. Modified image is copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray.

Virgin Trains briefly leased two class 180s before returning them in favour of the class 90 + Mk3 Pretandalino. If Virgin had kept the 180s, I think they would have looked rather smart in red and silver. Interestingly, early renders of the Pendolino show it with a similar design of front end to the class 180, so something rather like this could have ened up on the WCML.

med_gallery_6731_93_264863.jpg

What the TfL corporate livery carried by London Overground and Tramlink might look like if applied to the DLR.

Paul

• Like 2