Livery Photoshopping

Slightly more than an alternate livery this one, and delving back into history a bit.  In 1926, the LMS contemplated either borrowing the drawings for the GWR's Castle Class or ordering some directly from the GWR.  In the event neither happened, but I have always wondered what the results (particularly the latter arrangement) might have looked like.  Here we have my attempt to sketch an LMS Crimson Castle with Derby touches applied...

castle-as-scot.jpg

• Like 6

Apologies for it not being photoshopped - I cant remember whether I've shared this one on here before too but here is one of my models. Strangely, while I've never been a fan of the 60s, I did see the fictitious liveries picture a few back and decided to give this a respray a go. Just awaiting the time to finish it off, but it'll be complete at some point next year!

post-7515-0-65932300-1418842433_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

The 60's do look good in large logo blue, had my Hornby one since about May this year:

14176813621_035b6b7050_o.jpg019 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

Has been laserglazed since that photo was taken. I've also got another Hornby 60 in Railfreight Red Stripe with a legomanbiffo loksound chip in.

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, this could be expensive. That large logo 60 looks fantastic. The 60 was just too modern for my layout, but a blue one would be fine

Exactly the same thoughts I had so I took the plunge.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Back in the mid' 1980's i painted an old Airfix class 31 into large logo' livery. I don't think they ever did do it on the real class?

Sorry for the bad pic' and dodgy modelling, back then detailing bits were'nt as available as nowadays..

1-5-2018_223models 1984.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
On 27/04/2019 at 09:05, Owd Bob said:

Back in the mid' 1980's i painted an old Airfix class 31 into large logo' livery. I don't think they ever did do it on the real class?

Sorry for the bad pic' and dodgy modelling, back then detailing bits were'nt as available as nowadays..

1-5-2018_223models 1984.jpg

That's still better modelling than some of us (I'm looking int the mirror here!) can manage these days!  I don't think it looks too out of place, probably because they carried large logo grey, which was (obviously!) very similar apart from being grey instead of blue.  Suits it quite well.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Just been wondering if anyone has done some re liveries onto the Azuma/IET trains.  There are a few proper prototype versions now.

Not got photoshop so can't do so myself

Couple of ideas

Classic Blue Pullman - as don't need yellow ends now

Perhaps also reverse grey blue

HST style blue grey

Intercity

NSE

Classic 

LNER garter blue or apple green cabs with teak stock

LMS maroon

GWR chocolate & cream stock with green cabs

SR malachite green

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AMJ said:

Classic 

LNER garter blue or apple green cabs with teak stock

LMS maroon

GWR chocolate & cream stock with green cabs

SR malachite green

TBH I don't think those would work apart from Southern (complete with yellow stripes) & LMS (Coronation style with gold stripes)

IMHO as Azumas are multiple units you would need carriage colours throughout, with some sort of flourish around the cab area in the style of the original HST.

How about LNER green/cream or two tone grey (so called silver stock!) or GWR choc/cream carried through to the front?

• 2 months later...