Livery Photoshopping

Someone, looking at some pictures of the Isle of Wight ex London Transport 1938 tube stock restored to LT red livery, wondered what they would have looked like if they had gone to the Island in Southern Region days.   So I had a little play with Photoshop:

RD05307a.  1938 tube stock, Ryde.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, 45669 said:

Someone, looking at some pictures of the Isle of Wight ex London Transport 1938 tube stock restored to LT red livery, wondered what they would have looked like if they had gone to the Island in Southern Region days.   So I had a little play with Photoshop:

That doesn't look too bad at all.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

It looks pretty much like the Waterloo & City line, which was green tube trains from the 1940s to 1970s.

True, but they always appeared darker, possibly due to the complete lack of daylight in The Drain. :)

• Like 1

On 24/10/2020 at 08:10, SRman said:

True, but they always appeared darker, possibly due to the complete lack of daylight in The Drain. :)

The Southern Railway / Region green was probably a little darker, but that's the nearest I could get to with my very limited Photoshop skills!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...

I know that someone did a 70 as Colas before the 70/8's just wonder what these locos would look like with liveries other than the Colas and FL green.   

Perhaps FL G&W orange, before FL repaint them?

I can imagine that other liveries might work based upon those done on 58's

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...